This week has turned out to be such a fun and heartwarming, blog friend filled adventure! Not only did I have the exciting *pve* experience, but yesterday...I had my second, in person, blog friend meeting with the super sweet and adorable Megan of Hood Canal Gal! We met at a favorite local restaurant of mine, Le Pichet, and chatted non-stop from the moment we saw each other! The lovely flowers were a gift from her.
We were expecting thunder, hail and possibly snow yesterday and she said that she had wanted to bring me some spring...and that's just what she did...not only with the beautiful flowers but with her 'springy' personality too...Megan was as delightful as the tulips, and just as pretty!
I love having them as a reminder of such a fun time. Did you know that if you trim the bottoms off the tulip stems, take off most of the leaves, and...here's the clincher, stick the tip of a sharp knife right through the stem, they will stand straight up and last twice as long...trust me, it works, every time! I learned this from a close friend's mom who worked in a flower shop for years...and she knows her flower tricks! See how they're standing at attention?
Anyhoo...I love them...thank you Megan!ACTUALLY...to be honest...this wasn't the first time Megan and I had met. By complete chance, we had run into each other whilst dropping off gifts for the lovely Pam of Red Ticking at her shop last Christmas...Pam wasn't even there, she was out of town for the holidays but we didn't know that...it was such a coincidence, one of those woo-woo moments. I thought I recognized Megan from her blog picture and sure enough, it was her. She was with her daughters and pup Gracie and we only had a minute to chat and take in the all the finery of the Ticking, but we promised to get in touch soon and meet again...and we did, here.
Le Pichet...the closest thing to a French Bistro this side of Paris!
Silly me had my camera but didn't take one single picture, it had even come out but I became distracted, put it away...and it never came out again...such a bad blogger! I had hardly slept the night before out of anticipation and I was feeling a bit daffy...that's my excuse, and it's the best I have!The food was simple and delicious, we each had a double cappucino and shared a slice of ham, gruyere, and red pepper quiche (yum)...and not only did I recieve the flowers but I was also treated to lunch...which by the way is what Pam did when we had our little get together sooooo, next one is on me girls...and let's make it soon...
hopefully here...I know it's a favorite (and I've never been)!(Le Pichet image 1 - here, Le Pichet image 2, here, Boat Street Cafe image, here)
12 comments:
oh how i wish i could have joined you... cannot wait for the next adventure!!! you two are sooo darling... xoxo
Jessica:
It is so nice when virtual friendships blossom into real ones and you very clearly have found a new soulmate in Megan. Flowers, friendship and food, what more could one want?
The tip about the tulips is something which we are very much taking on board.
How lovely! And the restaurant looks great ~ love bistros! Regarding the tulips, does it matter where on the stem you make the cut?
xo Trish
Pam...It will be special x 3 with you there next time!!! xo
Jane & Lance...This blog-world is pretty special and amazing...it's people are wonderful! I'm so happy you're going to try the tulip trick, please let me know how it works for you. xo
Peony...Le Pichet is pretty special, very authentic! Regarding the tulips, I trim the stem to whatever heighth I want the tulips to be and then I poke through the stem about half way up, so that the slice is still in water. I've heard that some poke right under the petals at the top but that never made sense to me and the middle has always worked beautifully. Please let me know if you try it. xo
oh, sounds great. can't believe you just happened to bump into her the first time. terrific story! donna
What fun - and what a coincidence. I have been having those 6 degrees of separation moments lately as well. Le Pichet looks wonderful!
Thanks for your comments on my blog. Hope you enjoyed The Wedding! Have a nice weekend! Lynn
Jessica you have such a warm and friendly heart that it shows right through the internet. I can just picture you gals enjoying a special lunch in such a great restaurant; how you met was even more intriguing. Just hope that is you and me some day. Now..I need to go re-visit Megan once again. It's been toooo long.
Sending love,
xx Deb
I would kill to have a place to eat like that here in wales....... they just dont happen here!
boy oh boy...now you have me missing seattle. thanks for sharing. my favorite haunts and every time i am in seattle...you can find me at boat street.
J-
How did I miss this sweet post!?! I had such a wonderful time, loved meeting you(officially)! You're such a beauty and truly the sweetest person. Looking forward to seeing you (and pam) again at the boat street.
Hey, thanks for the tulip tips, i didn't know that about them.
xoxo
meg
PS. Shiny silver dachshund pen in now the hottest item in the household.
Sounds like a lovely meeting and blossoming friendship!
xoxo
Post a Comment