This picture came out alright after a lot of finagling on Photoshop AND...it's now going to be a CLUE as to what the new post is about (because I need a break from taking more pictures at the moment)...ideas anyone??
This image has nothing to do with the upcoming post, I was just messing around...but it came out alright too and I kind of like it - so here it is! The cute little beehive cups are a treasure I found at Red Ticking...I think they'll make sweet little vases and I can't wait to put some spring blossoms in them. I also love that they remind me of Pam and her beautiful escape of a shop, just thinking about it puts me in a dreamy state...must be time for another visit!Have a lovely weekend everyone...may it be filled with sunshine, warmth and most of all - spring!
19 comments:
love your transferware, especially the purple...donna
Mixing and matching? I love your's so much....kelley
I LOVE the mulberry transferware - if I thought I could find enough I would collect that color!!
I look forward to experiencing Red Ticking as well. I took myself there in early March with high hopes, but alas, there was a sign on the door that said they were closed for the week, off on a buying trip. :-( I took refuge, instead in the awesome store next door.
Happy Spring!
Donna...thank you, the purple is my favorite also, and the older the better! xo
Kelley...good guess but sorry, no...that's such a great idea for a post though because all of my transferware is of the mix & match variety! xo
Quintessence...I LOVE it too! It's out there, ebay's a great resource, but please leave some for me, I need a fix every now and then! ;)
Liz...Bummer! Pam does travel quite a bit...that's why there's so much cool stuff in there! Thank heavens it's so close, we're pretty lucky! I'll have to see who's next door next time I'm there, sounds good! xo
What beautiful goodies you have!! That purple is very unique, and I love it. I know you are enjoying your wares!!
Holland is full of sun these days.
I love information about Victorian housekeeping also very much. And I am so happy I don't have to dot it. But searching in books and internet is big fun. And those diary fragments are so touching.
You askes me if I saw the new Jane Eyre film. I did'nt. We have to wait till september before we can see it in the cinema. Did you see it allready?
PS: I love your goodies / transferware ( I don't know the word, but this is what I read) also. Beautiful!
Have a nice sunday
Greetings from Geri
Hello:
The tiny beehive two handled cups are wonderful and are, as you say, absolutely perfect for those tiny spring blooms which are so fleeting but so welcome to bring cheer into the house.
We are so pleased to have discovered your blog and its most varied and interesting posts. We shall return as Followers.
I looove transferware as much as I love dishes in general. I collect both some transferware and antique limoges..cannot get enough of it! Once we move I imagine my collecting will go back into full force! Love the pictures...and really like mixing and mathching it up a bit....so glad to have stumbeld across your lovely blog, please stop by me too....I have a 3 month old blog about the building of our home and my love for decor/design.
www.theenchantedhome.blogspot.com
I love nothing more than a collection of vintage dishes. Ones that remind you of a place or a person makes them all that more special too! I do hope someday you & I can go visit Pam and her amazing shop together. You are not alone with your photography struggles. I'm a doer not a reader and photography is purely a lesson in trying new settings for ole' Deb. Your photos look lovely Jessica, they really do! Hope your having a lazy Sunday afternoon?
xo xo deb
Pam at Red Ticking is one of my favorite gals in blogland! So lucky of you to be able to visit her store. My son lives in Vancouver, WA so next time I visit, Red Ticking is on the list!
Thanks for visiting me.....Tara has wonderful books, she is a GA girl so I am lucky to be able to learn from her!
Blessings...
Renae
Great images...the beehive cups are fabulous!! Going to Red Ticking to check the out!!
hi sweet friend... thank you for the mention... you simply are... the best.
hope you had a nice weekend... our friend brock and i talked about you! i saw the lovely cards... they are wonderful. xxxx
Deb...we will definitely visit Pam *WHEN* you visit! :) And thank you for the photo vote of confidence...I appreciate it, still haven't figured out what's going on, glad I'm not alone! xo
Renae...Thanks for stopping by! Vancouver is just a hop & a skip away...you'll love Pam & Red Ticking so much...gauranteed! xo
DesignChic...So excited that you visited Pam, even if it was only online...that's fun too!! xo
Pam...I thought my ears were burning! ;) I think it's so neat you were there when the cards arrived...so happy you liked them...thank you! ♥ Hugs...
Love the mix of transferware! I have always adored the purple! I think your photos look great! But, I do know how frustrating they can be. Dan "made" me;) buy an expensive camera and I left it in the box for almost a full year as I was so intimidated by the thing! Even have photoshop, but haven't a clue how to use it! Oh, and I did the same thing- accidentally changed a setting that was making my pictures be really dark. I took it to a camera shop and they found and fixed the setting. It was night and day from that point!!
joan
I love the china, it is so pretty!
It is so annoying when you do that - accidentally hit a button, you have no idea which one, and then something is wrong and you don't know how to fix it! The frustration!
But these pics on your old camera are lovely!
Good luck with the new one!
Gill x
Joan....glad to know I'm not alone!! So smart to bring your camera into a shop, wish I had a better brain for this kind of stuff! xo
Gilly...Thank you! I wish new tchnology didn't have to be so complicated! My old camera thank heavens still can take a decent picture...a good back-up! xo
you won the pve spring tree notes...sending today
pve
Post a Comment