Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pear Trees & Paw Paw

I was thrilled to learn this week that I had won my very first giveaway! It was from the lovely Jane at My Pear Tree House who it seems is even all the more lovelier due to her amazing discovery of a miracle in the form of an ointment made from the Paw Paw...also known as...the Papaya.

You must read Jane's account of how she discovered this amazing potion...it will make you want to bathe in the stuff.
So, needless to say, I'm very excited to try it and I can't wait to see what kind of miraculous gift of beauty it has in store for me!
A big thank you and hug to you Jane...these are for you!




(images - eyefetch, all posters, and plain old google)

9 comments:

J said...

I love Papaw! I use it daily as a lip balm and it never fails.

24 Corners said...

Joni...that's wonderful, good to know! Thank you!! :)

Jane said...

Oh thank you so much. Those pear trees are much more flowery than mine!! xoxo

red ticking said...

congratulations... looks amazing... happy weekend sweet friend..xx

Elizabeth Brown said...

Congratulations, Jessica! But now I've got that song stuck in my head..."pickin' up paw paws, put 'em in yer pocket."

24 Corners said...

Jane~ I think your pear trees might need what the mushrooms need...moisture! Maybe the rain you're having now will produce more blossoms *and* fungi! ;)

Pam~ Thank you! Hope you have fun turning your home into a holiday haven this weekend! xo

Elizabeth~ I'm so glad I've never heard that song before because I'm notorious for getting tunes stuck in my head for days...thank heavens I'm safe from this one...whew! ;)

Hill House Ramblings said...

Hi J...Congratulations on winning! I have heard of Papaw but don't know much about it. I will have to go look at Jane's post now. It sounds wonderful! Such lovely pear trees.:)

H.H.

Simple Daisy said...

Yippee for you!! And the images are beautiful....makes me think of spring:)

I Dream Of said...

Congratulations! Thanks for that wonderful little hit of SPRING!!! :-)