Tuesday, December 21, 2010

24's First Christmas Tree

Well we did it...we decided that even though this wasn't how we imagined our first Christmas in our new home would be (camping while we await flood fixing), it was still our first Christmas here...so this beautiful 'little' Noble Fir came home with us last week...and I'm so happy that we chose to have it grace our house as I was becoming quite depressed at the thought of not having one, again, for the fifth year. Isn't it sweet...The best part, is that we found our big blue trunk of Christmas ornaments....and, our garden bench, which used to serve as seating in our dining room. I love that we now have our very own indoor park, it's perfect!

After the lights...this sweet little vintage angel that my Dad had given to me was the first to go on...it was a very special moment. Our tree actually sat with just the one ornament and the topper for several days as we were both to busy to put the rest on. Not until this weekend did we finally get to go all out and fully decorate the tree...it was sheer joy to after so many years, see our beloved ornaments and place them one by one on the tree...finding just the right spot. It was like seeing old friends...can anyone relate to that?

Unwrapping each of them actually felt a lot like Christmas morning....and as most are glass, there was quite a bit of unwrapping going on!


Now, the view from the kitchen is heavenly...it couldn't be more beautiful. Who wants all that heavy furniture blocking the view of the Christmas tree anyway?!

Certainly not I....

17 comments:

shopgirl said...

It looks beautiful sweetie!

Have a Wonderful Christmas with the family!

xo

Purple Flowers said...

What a view!!
That tree is so pretty all dressed up. So glad you are able to enjoy it. Merry Christmas!!

Unknown said...

Jessica...it's absolutely perfect! I can almost smell your tree.
Having moved countries as many times as we have, I totally understand the 'greeting old friends' when you unpack special stuff.
And, as far as I'm concerned, the only stuff you should keep is the special kind.
Happy Christmas!

Notes From ABroad said...

I can totally relate to all of this.
We left almost all of our Christmas decorations behind, for our son to use if he wanted to , on his own trees. We only brought a few non-breakable ornaments and a brass filigree tree that used to sit on the mantle.
I miss everything now :)
And I agree that when you have as pretty as tree as that Noble Fir, you don't need to cover it with ornaments.. it is really a perfect tree!
Merry Christmas ..

Hill House Ramblings said...

Jessica, I couldn't be happier for you all. It must be wonderful to sit on your bench at night and watch the lights dancing on your gorgeous tree! And how great that you can see the tree from the kitchen. Yes, I can completely relate to what you wrote about ornaments feeling like old friends. Yours are so lovely! Enjoy...and have a marvelous Christmas!

H.H.

Ivy Lane said...

Yes! It IS a beautiful view from your gorgeous kitchen! Lovely tree!!! I wish I could do a real one here...love the smell of fresh pine! Enjoy your first Christmas in your beautiful new home!

Anonymous said...

It is a perfect tree!

S and O said...

Tree decorating is so fun, I totally know what you mean! :D
Xoxo
Sarah

24 Corners said...

Oh thank you everyone for the wonderful comments!!! We're enjoying our tree so much...
xoxo

Anonymous said...

That's really beautiful, it must just light up your life at the moment! Have a fantastic Christmas and thank you so much for your friendship this year..Love Rachaelxx

Reggie Darling said...

How charming, and what a sweet tree you have. It is always such a pleasure to unwrap beloved ornaments of years past, and one of the pleasures of Christmas in our household, too. Reggie

Tricia said...

I love the shape of your precious tree and your ornaments are lovely.
Merry, Merry Christmas to you!
Hugs~
T

Elizabeth Brown said...

Aren't Christmas trees the best? I live for it. (Well, at least in December)

Merry Christmas, Jessica

A Lasting First Impression said...

Okay...Crying! I am beyond happy for you! I love knowing that you have a little sparkle in your life right now! I hope you enjoy each moment of this Christmas! Choose Joy!!!
Love you, and your happy little tree!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Lovely new home!!
Wishing you a most Happy Christmas!!

brock street said...

i am just now catching up on computer stuff.

this is so touching and i am glad you shared. 5 years???? you definatly did the right thing by bringing that life into your home. i mean...that room is shockingly amazing....so beautiful and the indoor park has served its purpose.

i hope this is he beginning of new joy in your new home.

xoxo

24 Corners said...

Again...thank you to all for the wonderful wishes and comments...♥

and B...yes, this would have been 5 years...but it wasn't, I'm so happy we stopped the craziness at 4! Still loving the park look too...it might have to stick around a while! ;) xo