Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Special Guest

This past week, we had an unexpected guest arrive prior to Thanksgiving...her name was - La Nina. She was very beautiful but I have to say, she wasn't very helpful when it came to assisting everyone with the holiday meal preparations...somehow though, the feast was pulled off...deliciously I might add, but once it was over...poof, she was gone!

And even though she didn't stay to help with the dishes (or play Domino's)....her hostess gift of a 'White Thanksgiving' was the stuff dreams are made of. I hope she comes back for Christmas.

10 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

Lovely. On Thanksgiving morning, we had a few flurries that didn't amount to anything on the ground, however, it added to the already warm and cozy mood.

Hill House Ramblings said...

Oh, wonderful J.! We had snow, but not quite as much accumulation. I do hope she returns for Christmas too!

H.H.

Unknown said...

Sister V. received the same guest Jessica. She will be on my doorstep before long too! We are lucky to have arrived at almost December without her moving in for the winter!
Glad you enjoyed your brush with Mother Nature.

24 Corners said...

Purple Flowers~ I love groundless flurries...they're so pretty, and the best part is, they're hassle free! xo

H.H.~ Wouldn't it be wonderful if she visited all of us for Christmas...as long as she was well behaved! she started out a bit cantankerous here! :/

Jacqueline~ I would've thought you and v. would be covered head to toe by now...or should I say, ground to roof! Your Fall was extended nicely then it seems, how sweet of "her" to wait! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember getting a ton of snow one Thanksgiving a couple of years ago in Seattle. We were housebound for days. What is it about Thanksgiving there? As you said, hopefully it'll return for Christmas. :)

24 Corners said...

Hi Ally...I'm so, so glad the snow didn't arrive two days later...Thansgiving would've been in trouble then! It's funny how the city shuts down when it snows...I think it's all the hills.
Thanks so much for stopping by!!! :)

red ticking said...

i missed it all ... it was sunny and cold in denver... but wonderful...
i am with you... let it snow ... just not on dec 19th please! he he
hope you had a wonderful holiday... xx

24 Corners said...

Welcome home Red...you missed a doozy! What's happening the 19th...travel?? Glad you had a wonderful time with the fam..nice to have you back though!
See you soon...xoxo

Kelley said...

I loved this post! Lucky you...and on Thanksgiving day!!
Your little dog probably loved it too!

xx kelley

24 Corners said...

Hi Kelley...thank you! Miss. Ginger loves the snow for two seconds, then she has the "I want to go back inside" look! She's so short that I think her belly freezes up pretty quick. It does afford the opportunity for more sweater wearing though! Hope you had a wondeful Thanksgiving! xoxo