Over the past few weeks my writing, spelling, knife putting away skills, tea making (strong black tea is not meant to be drunk at 11:00 pm, especially when one thought they were making sleepy tea) and all sorts of other daily habits and cares have been put to the test due to LIFE happening (illness, lack of sleep, family stuff, house stuff, even fun stuff)...and it had me seriously wondering about my poor mind and where it had gone.
It also had me thinking even more about what our dear Visual Vamp has been going through and what her silverware drawer might be experiencing...as my last few weeks can't even begin to compare to hers and Alberto's.
May balance, sanity, and a bit of humor bless all who are experiencing the ups as well as the downs of this wonderful yet crazy thing called life, be they blogger, family or friend! ♥
14 comments:
i am here... coffee this week ... any morning.. xoxoxoxo
You're an angel Pam...yes! I really need to visit R.T. too...it looks like a dream land, I'm smiling just thinking about it! xoxo
This is a great post. Sometimes, I see that I have mismatched socks on, but all I can do is laugh about it.
I can't tell you how many times I've put odd things (hair products, dog brush etc..) in the fridge. You're not alone!:)
H.H.
I completely understand. We lost the big serated bread knife recently. It turns out someone thought it went by the stove with other cooking utensils!!! Your drawers are divine, I'd feel right at home. Imagine if they weren't so organized, the bread knife may not show up for months!
I was in the shower once, shaving my legs, when suddenly I couldn't find the razor. I looked all around, was utterly dumbfounded how I could have it one second and it disappear the next...I looked up and caught sight of my reflection beyond the glass shower door. There was the razor, sticking out of my mouth!!
I've a friend who believes when life gets BIG, your memory only has room for the BIG stuff...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Don't feel bad Jessica. Once I put on shoes in a hurry to head to the library before it closed. I looked down in horror to see I was wearing one brown hiking boot and one white sneaker. I feigned a limp to save face.
Ladies!!! You all crack me up (my cheeks hurt)...and now I don't feel so 'loony' amymore! Thank you for sharing your very *special moments*...they're beyond priceless!
I think Jacqueline's friends theory of sometimes there is only room for the "Big Stuff" deserves a Nobel peace prize, I love it!
Here's to mismatched socks, dog brushes in the fridge (too funny), disappearing bread knives, razors IN THE MOUTH, and pretending to be *injured* due to seriously uneven, mismatched shoes!!! I'm going to laugh for days...xoxo
The butter knife has aspirations! :-)
Pearl
Now you are speaking my language dear friend. I've been like this quite a bit of late & it does make me worry that I'm on a down-hill slide. Yesterday I did a HORRIBLE thing; I believe I was the factor for the demise of my daughter's beta fish. Long story short I was trying to warm up his water & think sent his circulatory system into shut down. Was not a good day. Just amazed I could raise 4 kids. Take much care of yourself & hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead. I hope you get to meet Pam in person & take in her marvelous shop. I will be with you in spirit!
Bye for noo!! (as my Scottish husband would say)
xo
Ha ha, what a funny post! I often find fridge items in the cupboard! Rachaelxx
Pearl~ Yes he does! But he's back home now...sparkling away where he belongs.
Deb...visited with Pam today, it was wonderful, and not long enough...we wished you were there too! Her shop is truly amazing, truly beautiful, and I need to go back soon because we talked so much that I didn't get to do a whole lot of detailed looking!
I'm so sorry about your daughter's fish, don't be to hard on yourself...you DID raise four kids...just remember that! xoxo
Rachael~ I feel so much better knowing that we can stick together through these momentary lapses of sanity and rest in the assurance that we're not alone! ;)
sooo funny. I've found my milk in the cabinet before!
do I hear that you are meeting Pam of RT...?
insanely jealous here! lucky gals...... and here I am on the east coast...
love to you! Donna
Perfect Gray...YES! Pam and I met AT the ticking and it was the most beautiful of shops, all silvery, white and...*Gray*...and she, is the most beautiful of people, it was a wonderful meeting.
I believe it might be time to head on out west young lady! ;)
XO J~
Post a Comment