
During the summer, Miss. Ginger and I will find wild orange poppies along a particular path we like to take and the bright flowers always make me smile. Well now that it's "sweater weather", I didn't expect there would be any at all along the path but lo and behold, there were...one little patch was left...

and I was so happy to see that I wasn't the only one appreciating the sweet surprise.

My little companion was actually stopping to "smell the poppies"...I know, poppies usually don't have a scent...but maybe, just maybe, they do...if you're of a canine persuasion.

So this weekend, while you're out and about...may you find a beautiful, bright, and possibly sweetly smelling...unexpected surprise!
12 comments:
Oh, doesn't Miss Ginger look adorable and perfectly dressed for your walk!! I can see why you both love this path. How beautiful! It's wonderful to see flowers, as I'm bracing myself for a long, cold winter. It looks like Miss Ginger was the perfect height to smell these beauties too (even if poppies don't have a scent)! Thanks for sharing. This post made me smile.:)
H.H.
Your pet is too cute for words!
I love poppies, and I see that Miss Ginger was getting in close because she too was delightfully surprised! :)
S U N S H I N E y i p p e e .... and someone told me yesterday... get your snow tires on... i will always remain optimistic!!! have lovely day sweet friend... xx
ahhh...miss ginger. what a little love!
california poppies are one of my very favorite flowers. not just because they're my state flower, i love them because they grow wild and in such a unique, vibrant orange.
what a wonderful, magical little path you and your buddy meandered down...
i hope your weekend is everything and then some, dear friend...xoxo
I love Ginger's purple sweater against the orange flowers! XX!
Miss Ginger is so cute! I found some flowers in my garden that I had no idea existed. I need to find out what they are, they're a very pretty pink. Your walking path looks lovely too..Rachaelxx
I love that 'everyone' gets a sweater in this weather!
I love these photos! Pompey sends his snuffles and happy barks Miss Ginger's way...
Reggie
That is just the sweetest photo ! Little Miss Ginger smelling the flowers.
Adorable ..
such sweet shots of the pooch. just adorable. thanks for the flu advice too - i'm up for trying anything just now! xx
This picture of your cute pup in pink next to the orange flowers...what a great color combination! Think you might need to print it out and frame it!!!
Post a Comment