Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Bluest Skies You've Ever Seen...

I knew Seattle was famous for having the bluest skies around, but today was just ridiculous! I usually fiddle with my photos in Photoshop...but I decided to leave these au naturel, the fiddling just didn't seem necessary.

Does anyone remember the old show "Here Come The Brides"? Well, if not, at the end of this post you're in for a treat...if yes, then you're in for a bit of nostalgia...Perry Como style.

This beautiful house has it's own special post in the works. Ginger and I walk by it all the time and it has a bit of a story...just like 24C does. The blue skies were a beautiful backdrop for it today.

It sits across from our most favorite stretch of pathway....

Which sits above this...our most favorite beach.



The somewhat truthful, late 1960's show 'Here Come The Brides' was set in Seattle during the 1860's when there were more lumberjacks than women, so 100 civilized brides were brought over from the east coast in the hopes that they would become the blushing brides of the lonely, unruly men that had overrun the great Pacific Northwest...it was one of my favorite shows growing up.



Little did I know that one day...I would become a blushing Seattle bride!!

18 comments:

Splendid Market said...

The skies were so blue today, but it was so cold out!! Beautiful shots. I LOVED "Here come the Brides" when I was growing up and know every word to that theme song. Love those "J"brothers. Thank you for a fun reminder!

24 Corners said...

Splendid~ Yay...you know the show...that's fantastic! I had a crush on Bobby Sherman for the longest time...until he brought his kids into the movie theater I was working at as a teenager, that kind of popped the crush bubble...but only slightly! ;D

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Jessica:
We had not heard any of this about Seattle - either the famous blue skies [which are certainly, judging from your images, of the most intense blue], or of the Brides [one of which you have become!]. Nor, indeed, had we ever until now heard the Perry Como song. Where have we been??

24 Corners said...

Hello Jane & Lance! It's such a pleasure to be the one introducing you to these tidbits of trivia that are near & dear to my heart...after all, isn't that what blog friends are for?! xo

Geri Meftah Art said...

All the time I was thinking you are living in Washington, near to New York. I did not know there is another Washington in the USA. Now you are writing about Seattle, I thougt, what does she mean? So I was searching on Google Earth and Google Pictures and found out: You are living at the other end of the USA!!!!!
WOW.......
Seattle is a very big city, I see. With large skyscrapers. I love that I found out. Because now I haves to change the ideas I had about you and your place in the USA.

I am a little bit like you. I love to walk. And I, as well as you, look to watch nature, the sky and so on. Maybe we are twins?????

Anonymous said...

You had me at Perry Como, I used to listen to him all the time growing up. The sky look incredible as does the area you live in, as I'm on the outskirts of a big city, we're only 15 minutes away from some of he worst slums in the country.

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Oh my goodness Jessica, what beautiful blue skies and such stunning scenery to go with them. You certainly live in a beautiful place.
Although we had and have many of your shows, I don't think that we had 'Here come the brides', but, I do remember the Perry Como Show.It ws one of my favourites. XXXX

The enchanted home said...

Wow the pictures are breathtaking, I can almost the crisp air coming off the page...beautiful!

Unknown said...

Those skies are magnificent Jessica. I thought we did blue well here in Niagara-on-the-Lake, but I think you put us to shame.
Have never heard of your show, but can reveal that Perry's song "It's impossible", is the one Rudy choose to be our song, many, many moons ago - LOL!

Catherine said...

Beautiful blue skies - IT's SNOWING HERE as I write. Wasn't ready for it, not ready for it.
Happy blue skies,
xoTrina

24 Corners said...

Geri~ That is so funny! I am definitely a west coast girl, and I'm so glad you know now! And I do think we are twins...and we belong to a family who's last name starts with B.! They loved to walk a lot too... ♥

B&P~ Nice to know you're a long time Perry fan too...he's just so smooth & silky!
I think you'd be surprised how close 'those' kind of neighborhoods are to us as well, it's like a checkerboard...good, not so good, good, not so good...you get the idea...and the blue skies cover us all! xo

Jacqueline~ It truly is beautiful here...and this time of year I tend to overdose on all the beauty because I know the frustrating, gloomy grays are just around the corner...and it's a pretty long corner too.
I loved the Perry Como show, wish there were more like that now a days. Hope you get to see HCTB's one day! xo

Enchanted~ Thank you...and yes, the air was extremely crisp, I loved it...now it's very wet, and gray! xo

J~ I'm sure your blue skies are as blue and beautiful as ours...yesterday was just one of those natural phenomenons I think, an astonishingly large dose of blue was doled out to us...today, back to gray!
Does Rudy sing that song to you? Such a romantic he is...it's the perfect song to own as 'yours', thanks for sharing sweet tidbit! xo

Trina~ Oh no...it's much to early!! I hope it doesn't stick and you'll be enjoying pretty blue skies and milder temps soon! We're supposed to get a flurry this week, but I doubt it will stay...you never know though around here, do you?! Stay warm...
xoxo

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I didn't see the bluest skies on Tues (was returning from the east coast)--but because I get to gaze at these gorgeous photos of yours, I don't really feel like I missed out at all :) Beautiful !!!

red ticking said...

lovely... our weather has been amazing lately... changing so every day... i hear snow is coming... lets go sledding! he he xxxx

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous photos, you have a talent! And they are certainly blue skies! I love the title of the show, it must have been funny. Rachaelxx

24 Corners said...

ElizabethRose~ I think the sky has been even prettier these last two days...I couldn't stop taking pictures of all the wild cloud formations...we live is such a great spot!! Welcome home...xo

Pam~ It was snowing on my way home tonight, not enough to sled yet though! ;) I've just been in awe of the beauty around here these last two days...so pretty!! xoxo

Rachael~ Thank you, but I think it's what I'm taking pictures of that allows for such pretty images...I just click the button. And yes, the show was very funny, in a very corny sort of way...it was a sweet show. xo

Unknown said...

Very blue indeed. Have a super weekend!

Rabbit Town Art said...

The pictures are beautiful!!! I was trying to match it with my copic pens and the closest I got was Cobalt blue. I love the shots! So peaceful looking and the blue is just eye popping! Your photos are always full of colour. Make me envious :)

quintessence said...

Bluest of blues - amazing!! And what a flash from the past!! And Perry Como to boot - you're testing my memory!!