Two Linky's in a row, my goodness! I just couldn't resist as two of my favorite blogs,
A Lasting First Impression and
Hooked On Houses, were offering the same challenge about transitioning your home into Fall.

At first I thought there was no way I could play along since our house is in it's very empty state of limbo right now awaiting it's future operation, but the challenge of it all proved to much for me, so I thought I'd see what I could come up with. In the above picture...I just added a cherished fall leaf (from our previous temporary home), and a few pinecones to one of my rock collections...instant Fall! I think the colors of the journal behind it help to warm up the scene quite nicely too.

In the image above...I really didn't have to do anything, the calendar, in all it's vintage melon tutorial glory, had done it for me.
So there you have it...that's it, Fall decor at 24 in the year 10' (there *will* be pumpkins next month though!)! I'm very much looking forward to next years autumnal touches...I've been waiting a very long time to drape our new home in this most beautiful time of year.
Please share your fall touches, be they grand or petite...over at Emily's and Julia's. I'd love to see how my talented & dear friends grace their homes in this glorious season.
17 comments:
I love your blue vase!
Fall really doesn't come to southern Italy.....so I just wait to decorate for Halloween.
Hey, I think a little touch of fall is better than no fall at all! So glad you linked up and played along. Thanks! :-)
Just a little fall is good -- don't want to wear yourself out before Christmas!
Pearl
Shopgirl...you celebrate Halloween in southern Italy?? Who knew!
Julia~ I love what you wrote, it's so perfect...I should have written that in my post! Thanks again for hosting!
Pearl~ So true! Now I won't be all tuckered out when the time comes for trees and cookies. ;)
Nice. The seasons change so fast. Well, at least it does there. Here, its just summer all year long.
So festive! Are you having the heat wave we're having here? We're having a whole week of eighty degree temperatures...nice but um, I was kind of excited to wear the warm fuzzy sweaters.
xoTrina
Trina...75 today :D, but we were wearing the warm fuzzy stuff the day before...we're so very confused here! Today I heard October was going to be super chilly...one can only hope! ;)
Thinking perfect, crisp, very beautiful, fall weather thoughts for you...xoxo
Oh for crisp, dry Autumnal weather! In England we're having cold, damp, wet, sludgy weather (oh yes - with wind too!)I'd even settle for a heatwave - just make it DRY! LOVE your notebook - and the calendar. Will now try to find some leaves outside that aren't stuck together with damp (or worse..) to make a 'Fall' vignette too!xxx
Great post! We love subtle decor!
E+J
Mrs. Sutton...welcome, how nice of you to visit! May the crisp fall air be on it's way to you soon...and may you find some fall leaves that aren't *to* stuck together, best of luck with that! xo
E & J~ You guys are the best!!! Thanks & Happy Fall!! xo
How wonderful to have discovered your blog (via Pam over at Red Ticking), esp. the posts featuring views of the Seattle area, where I grew up.
Beautiful choice of topics overall; looking forward to fall/winter posts!
Best,
Michael
Am I just a crazy person? Perhaps it is that I'm an empty nester, and don't need to reiterate the idea of seasons to my children. I love my house the way it is. I decorate for family and friend gatherings on a whim. Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and the fourth of July, are templates, with one little addition, because they are rituals. We have a tradition that came from the elements I wanted to continue from my family, and my side of the equation. Then, we anticipate the famous turkey, leg of lamb, antipasto platter, what our Christmas tree looks like, how our Easter day goes etc... Rituals are important and trump the new idea. Just to throw that new old idea into the mix. I might be getting old and fuddy duddyish, but rituals and tradition matter to me.
Best,
Liz
putting out the fall wreath on the front door today... the mums are trying to bloom in the front garden...when they do.. i will add a few pumpkins .... inside.. it's not too too autumnal.. just a few pumpkin candles...and my favorite seasonal dish towels.... Happy Sunday!
Michael~ So nice to meet you and I'm happy to have been able to show you a bit of home! Wishing you a beautiful fall in Germany, I know the weather there is very similar to here!
xo
Liz~ Please keep those traditions alive...they're so special and must *never* die!!! xo
Ivy...way to go, you festive fall girl you!!!
Have a lovely week!! xoxo
Perfect touches, cheers katherine
It's been so long since I stopped by, but today must have been appointed: my blog title is "Suddenly Fall," and here you are with "A Touch of Fall." That's weird when things like that happen!
I enjoyed browsing around a bit. It was nice little visit!
(Btw, I love your little Jane.) ;)
Katherine...thanks so much for the follow and for visiting all the way from down under! xo
And Jennifer...so very happy that you visited again, we must seriously be in tune, that "great minds" saying comes to mind! xo
Post a Comment