and these....



I had to brave THESE.....


(The one above...the "lady", is actuall eating her mate! He was scared to come over to her...kept hesitating...*she* kept enticing him with one arm...(for real!), he finally gave in to his fate...it was very quick, and now...there will be millions more of these monsters populating our garden/jungle, making flower getting a thrilling yet very scary adventure for years to come!)
But it was all worth it...
because this past week, I had been in quite a "lull" as the enormity of our house/plumbing situation was weighing heavily upon my heart (as well as some other issues that loves ones are experiencing), and the absolute adventure that getting these flowers entailed gave me such an adrenaline rush, that I completely forgot about all of my woes and worries for a bit and I've been feeling so much better ever since!
Having the flowers to look at daily helps too...
and they remind me that you never know where or when a silly, exciting, blood stirringly crazy little adventure might show up, bringing with it a much needed escape from reality and a continued sense of being able to tackle anything!
I had to brave THESE.....
Having the flowers to look at daily helps too...
Have a lovely weekend everyone and remember...
"Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death!"
~General Omar Bradley
22 comments:
What a lovely kitchen space you have. The flowers make it even better!
Kelly
SO glad I stumbled in! Love your blog.
Pearl
Have you ever known that the spider is the symbol of hospitality? I had to think that one through. It is because spiders spin their webs across lighted spaces, which attract light. If you were a weary traveler if you came upon a house with many spider webs, you would know there were inhabitants. I have a lot of spider webs, and hydrangeas mind you.
Best,
Liz
Those spider pictures gave me chills!!!! Yikes! I would not have been so brave, or I would have nocked them all down to get to the flowers...
Prayers for you right now, I know how you are feeling!
Hugs
Em
Love those hydrangeas. Spiders...not so much! I must have walked into a thousand spider webs this week on my way to my car. Hate that!
I'm sure going to miss my cutting garden over the winter......
Love your kitchen, it's beautiful.
Hope your heavy heart and plumbing issues clear up very soon.
Megan
Kelly & Pearl~ Thank you!! It's nice to meet you both...thanks so much for stopping by!
Liz~ How facsinating...good to know that our homes are hospitable, and hopefully more bug free too because of "them".
em~ I did have a rake in my hand but didn't have the heart to take them out really...they work so hard spinning those webs!
Megan...thank you, all will be right eventually. Thank heavens the spiders are there to distract me! ;)
You have a lovely kitchen, so pretty with the pink flowers in the corner!
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs
Thats a lovely kitchen and that flower vase by the window sill looks great.
As much as I like the theory of the spiders eating all the other flying bugs...I hate cobwebs! Part of my morning ritual is to whiz around the front and back of the house, broom in hand and sweep all the cobwebs away! I'm sure my neigbours think I'm barking!
If Pearl's theory is correct, my home must be very hospitable!
The hydrangea's are gorgeous Jessica...hope everything in your house heals soon too!
Definitely something in the air at the moment...all this woe hanging around.
J... you are SUCH a doll! I don't think I would have dared to battle the "lady" to get those flowers! Yikes! Such a cute post..and beautiful flowers... your home is so lovely my dear!
Have a Wonderful Weekend... I read over at Fringe that you are heading to a flea market..hope you get some great finds!
((hugs))
Dear one, you are a girl after my own heart...bravely facing danger all for the sake of a few fresh flowers. One more reason to love you...I think the power of fresh flowers in the home is underrated. Hey, flower power! :)
I hope everything will be okay with the loved ones you mentioned. As always, you're in my thoughts...
xoxo
Hi Jessica,
Your are very, very brave! Good for you, the flowers are beautiful. We have one of those spiders on our porch. I saw it one night when Mike was out of town and I found myself afraid of the dark the rest of the night! : o
Also, a friend of mine in Maine had this big beautiful barn where she kept her angora rabbits (she was a spinner) and there were tons of those spiders everywhere! My friend would walk through the webs and brush them aside like they were cob webs!!! I could barely breathe I was so scared!
xoxoTrina
You brought back so many memories of battle those HUGE WA spiders. I use to have an old early 1900's house with the laundry room in the basement. You'd bring up a basket of laundry & along with that a few brown wood spiders. Eeeekk..
You didn't give in & it was well worth it as your flowers are beautiful. Your kitchen however makes me green with envy. It's so good to have those diversions isn't it?
Hey..thanks for your comment on my latest post. So, so fun your memories of summer; WA & CA style!
Hugs to you & have a lazy Sunday. xo deb
You are so brave! But it was so worth it, right? Love your little world, so happy you stopped by Little Blue Deer so I could find you, happy to be your newest follower! XX!
Made In Heaven & Haddock~ Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments... :)
Jackie~ Please have someone film you getting rid of all the webs in the morning...and post it on FB, I'm sure it's a hoot! ;) And since they keep coming back *despite* your morning routine, your house must be overflowing with hospitality! xo
Ivy...You could do it, I know you could!! And I found some super cool things...might have to post about them! :D
Hugs back sweetie, thank you (and give your dad a squeeze too)! xo
Fringe~ Thank you ♥...and I love the idea of "flower power" (so sixties), and it's so true! There should be a super hero who's powers are in her flowers...hmmm, I think we're on to something here! ;)
Trina...your story cracked me up! They ARE creepy but the worst is when it starts getting really cold outside and they decide to come INSIDE to get warm...that's when you need Mike to stay *in town*! Your friend is super brave, I'd be with you...you should've seen how slow I was moving in the garden to make sure I wasn't going to run into one, slower than a slug! ;)
Deb! You *know* these guys...they are monsters aren't they!?! I can't stand when they think they can hang out in the clothes/laundry...just the thought is giving me the willies! I have a designated spider glass and am forever bringing them back outside when that starts happening. XO
Shari! Nice to meet you...thanks so much for the follow and the visit! And yes...so-so worth it!! :)
Again to everyone...thanks so much for the hugs, sweet comments and the blog love, my heart is warmed and very touched...and smiling! XOXO Jessica~
i would do anything to pluck a lovely gem from the garden and bring it into the house... i chuckled at your post...
i woke up early this morning and spotted a giant (size of the top of a jam jar) brown recluse spider on my bedroom wall...talk about a wake up call! i went to my little cabinet turned the nozzle to spray and away he went... i am still shiiiivering...
hope the house stuff will be over soon...70 degrees all week... weeeeeeee xoxo
Pam...welcome home!! What an ablsolutely scary site to wake up to, they do not belong in the bedroom! When I lived in Leschi in a little OLD cottage, I was actually bitten in my sleep a lot by them...not cool (sorry, probably shouldn't have told you that, it was a long time ago...they don't do that anymore!!).
The 70 degree weather should put them back outside for a bit...and make *us* very very happy. :)
i love singular flowers like this, they look perfect. worth warding off the creep crawlies for eh?!
j : )
eek! We have those here in CA too. But the Hydrangeas are stunning. As is your kitchen, what a gorgeous place to love cooking in. xo Lidy
Thanks so much for visiting me yesterday and now I've found you! Look at your kitchen...it's the stuff my dreams are made of! Great photos of those spooky spiders and yes, your hydrangeas are fabulous.
Happy fall to you.
T
I somehow knew something creepy was coming up. I don't mind spiders as much as some people do but mind you there are a lot in Australia and they are mostly deadly.
What I really wanted to say is that I love that picture above of the corner of your stove with the orange Le Creuset pot and the flowers. Beautiful little image. xoxo
Jane...everything is "mostly deadly" in Australia...even the frogs! Thanks for the sweet comment and for visiting! xo
Post a Comment