Tuesday, September 14, 2010

George Has A New Friend

This past weekend my lovely sister-in-law Emily (of the beautiful & budding blog A Lasting First Impression) and I went to the No.123 Flea right here in Kirkland WA, and I found this lovely lady who I thought would be a nice companion for George, especially since she looks like a very young Martha.

Don't they look nice together? For now, this is where she'll stay...I think they'll get along just fine and most importantly, Jane approves of her immensely.

I also purchased another amazing piece of antiquity but I'll save that for another post as I'm trying to figure out a temporary use for it.

A highlight of the flea...which was wonderful and loaded with unique and tastefully arranged treasures, was that we got to meet Melaine from My Sweet Savannah. She had a space there that was extremely creative and whimsical...she's done a post about it and her pictures show it all beautifully.

I haven't really purchased anything other than "house parts" for the last four years and even though we're still in a bit of a limbo state and not ready to go all out with decor...it was so fun to purchase a couple of items that I know will be part of the "family" for years to come.

10 comments:

Catherine said...

The perfect pair! And I just love the frame she's in. It matches her elegance and grace. What a great find!
xoTrina

Ann said...

Nice find ...don't you just love flea markets?

Unknown said...

Great addition Jessica...the picture, and frame are stunning.

A Lasting First Impression said...

Oh aren't you so sweet! Thank you for linking up with me, your sweet words mean so much to me! Thank you for going with me to the flea, another fun Saturday with just the two of us! I hope there are many more to come! Love you sis!

A Lasting First Impression said...

By the way...she looks lovely with George!!! Nice addition!

24 Corners said...

Thank you ladies...I feel so fortunate to have found her...plus, she and George are getting along famously! ;)

Em...when's the next one???

Anonymous said...

Great find and they go together just perfect!

E+J

24 Corners said...

E&J~ Thank you! Coming from you and your amazing "flea eyes", that means a lot! ;)
xo

Dovecote Decor said...

You will never regret purchasing things that you love, and pieces with soul. You will find that when you finally put your imaginary house together, that everything works perfectly. You are on the right path. I am always so sad about family portraits that have drifted away from their decedents. However, the Indians were right, we never really own anything.
Best,
Liz

A Perfect Gray said...

I'm so jealous of all the flea markets in your corner of the world! that little portrait is the best...