I had been intending to do a post on our little "still in the works" guest bathroom because in the last month, it has done it's duty twice and played host once to our twelve year old nephew Luke and just this last week, to my sweet 13 year old cousin Cymi.

I thought it so wonderful and funny that our first house guests were going to be back to back teenagers (well, twelve is almost a teenager!). They were just great about sleeping on air mattresses, sitting on too short of bar stools to eat, and not having any window coverings in their rooms. Luke didn't even have knobs on the vanity but we started putting them on before Cymi came and because of a happy accident, this Bird Knob from Anthropologie, which was intended for a closet, ended up on the guest bath medicine cabinet...and I love it there! I think it will look perfect with the William Morris "Honesuckle" wallpaper that is going to go above the tile wainscoting.

But then a few days ago, in the *master* bathroom...we discovered that the paint on the base molding and vanity was peeling, the marble threshold was cracking and sometimes, there was a puddle outside of the shower...and then, this happened...

Mr.24 discovered that the wall was so wet you could poke a hole in it with your finger (which you can see he did). He also gut wrenchingly discovered that somewhere in the shower wall, when the handheld shower is turned on...the pipes have been gushing, and I mean gushing water.

We had been wondering why our bedroom door wasn't shutting anymore...well, it was because the wall to the right in the picture above, which backs the shower, was so swollen with water that is was bowed out...and the floor you see, well...it was like a waterbed and you could hear the water squishing when you walked on it. The kitchen backs the other wall (with Miss. Stove right on the other side), we don't know what's happening in there yet. So....

it seems that we have quite an adventure ahead of us - another one (more on that soon). Our masterbath will most likely have to be gutted...as will the master closet that leads into it,

the hallway in the previous picture, and the laundry room...which backs the master bathroom, the flooring is already coming up in there and the sink wall is bowed also.

It looks like my "playing house" will have to be postponed for a while, but as my dear friend Trina from
A Country Farmhouse told me... "this too shall pass", and if anyone knows that phrase to be true, it is she.
And it will...
23 comments:
Oh you poor kids! Water is so destructive. Good luck!
Oh honey ! I am so sorry to read this !
As you might know, my husband and I have battled water issues in our new home for a while now. And it all came from a pipe behind the tile in the bathroom. Same warped door , same sticking my finger in the wall..
The good thing (imo) .. you are in the United States.. you all speak the same language.. that really helps lol.
Sending many good luck wishes from Buenos Aries..
I love that little bird knob and the wallpaper ( see how lucky you were that this did not happen when the wallpaper was on the wall?)
bless you, babe. I am sorry to hear this. Sounds like you are approaching it with a good attitude and a little humor. best of luck!
That is one heck of a "snafu"... So sorry to hear about this...... you'll get through it and we'll all be here for you!!! :)
This is the saddest news, I still can not believe you are going through this. The pictures sure made that more real! Our prayers are with you, and of course you can come live with us....if you want to join in the fun of our crazy house! : ) Love you!!!
I'm so sorry! I have been cursed with water issues my whole life: leaky roofs, leaky showers, leaky windows, flooding basements--you name it, so I can identify with your problem. Are you an Aquarius perhaps? haha. Hopefully this won't be too painful to deal with...
Thank you so much everyone...I know we're not alone in this. The sharing of your experiences, your well wishes, prayers, good thoughts, and *invitations*, are truly appreciated!! My heart is touched...♥
xoxo Jessica
BIG HUGS!
Big, big hugs xo
xoTrina
oh, honeybun! i'm so sorry. it's true what you wrote..this too shall pass, but i know it's painful until it does.
when we moved into our little neighborhood, 6 of the 11 homes had major plumbing problems within the first months, some on the first day they moved in. it's disheartening, but i know you'll make it through!
sending you much love and an extra big hug...xoxo
you have a darling blog!!! so cute. thanks for your comment tonight, just got off the interview with mcalpine - he's very cerebral. should be great.
Trina & Fringe~ Thank you for all the wonderful hugs...they're like little vitamins...making me strong enough to face the contractor tomorrow and whatever comes afterwards!
I'm shocked at how many people have had to go through this...it must be rocket science! xoxo
Joni~ Thank you so much!! I'm looking forward to listening to all the "cerebralness" of McAlpine and of course it will be great...they always are! ;)
Oh Sweetie! I am feeling your pain. All I can say is "it sucks" big time! It's a shame to gut the rooms out because they're so beautiful but the silver lining is maybe you can add things you didn't have a chance to before.
If it was me I probably would take time out to scream and holler for a bit and then breathe and accept the situation for what it is - a moment in time and like the old age says, "this too shall pass." I have used this phrase quite a lot in my life.
Wishing you lots of good wishes and happy thoughts!!
Hang in there! xoxo
Isn't it always something!! So sorry to hear!I know things will look up soon!
Maybe entering my giveaway will help!
Karena
Art by Karena
oh no!! hang in there friend. what to say other than i understand the feeling and could share stories of equal disaster, but this isn't about me, but you.
you will get through this in come out even stronger than you are now, and some wonderful surprise will we awaiting you.
shopgirl~ I love your optimism and we've already started a list of things we want to change up a bit! Thank you so much for the happy thoughts...they'll come in handy amongst all the screaming and hollering (just kidding, I'm at the breathing stage now)! ;)
Karena~ Perfect! I know your giveaway will help! See you soon...
dear brock...your encouraging words are a gift, thank you. I'm sorry that you've had your share of snafu's too. Who needs spinach when you can just go through this kind of stuff! xo
That's terrible! Best of luck!
xo
Eddie & Jaithan
Jessica...as we speak. Four holes in the basement ceiling and two in the wall outside. No hot water for days! Home ownership...who knew???
Keep us posted!
Eddie & Jaithan~ Thank you for visiting and for the well wishes...luck it a precious comodity right now! ;)
Jacqueline~ Oh no...what happened? One needs hot water! Hope it gets fixed soon, I can't believe it! xo
So, so sorry.... makes my stomach hurt just reading this, and it's not even 'my' house. I agree with Trina, and trust me... Trina and I both know from experience;) that this too shall pass.
joan
yep, that lovely girl trina is a wise one, that's one of my favourite mantras when things turn pear shaped.
big battles, but keep focused on the finish line, you'll get there!!
Joan...our tummies weren't feeling to well either when we saw this! xo
Jules~ Thank you for visiting...I love the "pear shaped" line, so great! I'm encouraged by your words and ready for battle!
xo
What a beautiful area you live in.
Oh watery problems are the bane of my life too, yes these things do pass but when you are the one in the situation it seems like an eternity.
B&P...It is a beautful area Tabitha, I've had to pinch myself often.
I'm sorry you've had to deal with damp problems too, they are extremely damaging...and quite often, not a quick fix, which is the case for us. Hoping this 'eternity' ends very soon, and that you have none to bear any longer either! xo
Post a Comment