
The sun finally blessed us yesterday with it's glorious, long awaited presence along with perfect blue skies and a much needed dose of sanity! The beautiful, gypsy-like foxglove family that has taken residence in our back yard (and that are to be our next rescue attempt), were all aglow in the suns rays and seeing them basking in the sunlight brightened my vitamin D deprived mood tremendously.

I've become pretty used to the gray weather we *sometimes* have to endure here in the NW but, I have to say...this last stretch had us all feeling a bit on the gloomy side. While so much of the country was experiencing extremely high temps...we were bundling up on the Fourth, wondering if the fireworks were going to get rained out (they weren't!). Our 12 year old nephew has been visiting with us this last week from Massachusetts and has been such a trooper amidst all this crazy weather.

So here we are, finally...warmth, flip-flops, scarves put away, sweaters packed, heat turned off and the outside being enjoyed as it should be in the summer, with nephews at the beach, an evening barbeque planned and the garden, with it's lovely tall pink spires, beckoning me to come out and play!
Warmest (not to hot though), happy summer wishes to each and everyone of you!
15 comments:
Isn't this the most incredible weather? While others swelter & worry about their power grid in other parts of the country, we have the most perfect weather anywhere.
Are we fortunate or what? I love it!
So fortunate Lili...when it's nice here, it's really NICE! And...it cools off at night too, such a bonus! :)
Nice that the sun has come out to play in your part of the world too Jessica! Enjoy!
Oh, those flowers are just gorgeous! I envy your sunshine, dearest. It's been so gloomy here. Very freakish weather for my neck of the woods.
Hope you enjoy the time with your nephew. What a great age!
xoxo
meet you at the pool! pull out your bikini! he he xx
I love foxgloves....they're so cute and the hummingbirds love them:)
D~ Twelve is definitely a fun age...on the verge of "tweenism", and you're right there in the thick of it aren't you!? :)
Pam~ Ha-Ha!!! I'm just trying to fit into my capri's from last summer...moving equates to eating horribly and a body in desperate need of carrots and celery! ;)
Daisy~ I didn't realize that hummingbirds liked foxgloves...I'll keep my eye out for them (both eye's actually!). :)
Your foxglove family is gorgeous!
xo
Brooke
Brooke~ Thank you so much for visiting! My dream is that one day our garden will be as beautiful as yours. xo Jessica
At one point in time.....we have a home in the San Juan Islands.... I can vividly remember all the wonderful flowers that were so abundant in that area. thanks for sharing them with us.
Jo
Crazy how the PNW went from too cool to too hot. Who turned on the broiler? Sounds like this week may just be perfect. Seafair time I bet?! Enjoy each wonderful ray of sunshine.
xx deb
Beautiful pics!!! I don't know how i missed this post??!!! I love the foxgloves!!! ahhhhaaahh..and am so glad you are enjoying some summer temps and SUNSHINE!
Hugs!
Ivy!!
Jo~ The San Juans are so beautiful, how fortunate that you were able to live there, even for a bit. Thanks so much for stopping by!
xo Jessica
Deb~ We're all feeling a bit confused here...it was back to rain and sweaters today, didn't even hit 60! :(
Hi Ivy! Foxgloves would be so pretty in your woodland garden...and our sun went bye-bye again, silly sun! Hugs back! xo
Happy sunshine to you! We had a great dose of it over the weekend too and it felt GOOD. Having a cold snap again but after the dose of heat, it actually feels kinda nice. LOVE the foxgloves.
xoxoTrina
I love foxgloves, can't get them to thrive though?
Post a Comment