Do you see what I see?

If you look very closely in the lower right corner of the above picture...you'll see the beautiful little friend who decided to hang out with me the majority of the time I was gardening (weeding). He just sat there as still as could be the whole time. I think he was a Belgian dragonfly...just look at his colors!
And then there is jungle number two....the fun jungle! My partner and I put on summer art camps every year and the first one this time around happens to be jungle themed. We'll be doing five of them all together (different themes) and so far, the first one is going great and just by chance...it happens to be an all girl one!
I wonder if any pink & purple jungle animals with long eye lashes and tiara's will come to the party...lets hope so!
19 comments:
oh how totally gorgeous..the too tall grass, the flowers, the friend!
In the jungle, the wild jungle...The yard is looking good, keep up the good work! Nice to see some flowers back there...I have fond memories of your beautiful yard! Hope camp finishes strong!
Good luck with the camps Jessica...looks like fun!
I love dragon flies - they are absolutely the surest sign of summer. And good for you for the weeding - it's usually my least favorite summer activity. : +
The jungle theme looks like so much fun. What a great day with all the girls!
xoTrina
Hi Ladies! It was so nice to be in the garden again...I hope it won't take to long to return it to it's former glory.
The camp did end strong...we were together four days actually and I think they all had a great time...I know I did...I just love all girl classes (no offense to the boys, it's just that, well, girls are girls). ;) xoxo J~
Oh how fun! Please enlist me in the future. I would love to participate in your art camp for kids.
Jessica, today I thought of you. I was deadheading spent blooms from my red hot poker. It was the color you were seeking in your guest room. And you prevailed!
Glad you got into the garden! You'll get it together...and I can't wait til you post the progress!!! The art camp you are doing looks so fun...what a great thing to do!
Weeds or no weeds....your garden looks lovely!!
Art camp for kids....how fun:)
Liz~ Anytime!!! There's four more, you'd have a blast!
And I'd love to see the color of a spent red hot poker...I don't think I ever have, oh wait a minute, I guess I have (everyone loves that color by the way)!
Ivy & Daisy~ Thanks for the encouragement and the compliments...they help to keep me weeding! :)
I love the camps so much...and the kids! xo J~
Your hydrangea look amazing and who really cares a bout a few weeds anyway...
~kelley~
Looks like quite an undertaking!!!!!But worth it! Great pictures..... I need to do mine....I am inspired.....Thanks for stopping by Maryanne ;)
Here I am lurking again at your fabulous blog! :) Love the dragonfly photo and the hydrangeas are beautiful too! xoLisa
Kelley~ I like your attitude! :)
Maryanne~ Thank you for stopping by and all the best with yours! xo
Lisa! So funny...You are officially a non-lurker now! ;)
Thanks for chit-chattin! xoxo J~
I absolutely LOVE dragonflies and haven't seen a one over here. Come to think of it, I wonder how many miles apart we are? Do you think I need to plant some hydrangeas to lure them? That IS what the gorgeous white flowers are, correct?
I'm so envious...
There's something very therapeutic about weeding, don't you think? And look at those beautiful posies you exposed! Your friend in the garden is so lovely too. Ahhh, nature. It's such a miracle.
I wish I could be in your summer art camp, J! Really and truly! That is exactly my kind of fun, and I'm certain you are the most amazing teacher...
xoxo
Lili~ Yes! Those are hydrangeas and they turn a beautiful chartruesey green or pink in the fall depending on how the soil is "feeling"...I never know what I'm going to get. We live so close...I'm sure the dragonflies will visit you too once you're all planted up.
Fringe~ You can come hang out at one of my camps ANTIME!!! The thought of that makes me smile, I know the kids would love you! :D
And as for the weeding...it is very theraputic...I don't mind it really, it's nice to see the results, just wish every square inch of our property didn't need it. :/
xoxo J~
Nature is such a source of inspiration to so many!
Lovely!
pve
What an awesome idea! Awesome colours!
I have loved reading thru your blog!! Your art camp looks like a blast. I need a partner to host my camps with me!
Post a Comment