Sunday, July 22, 2012

Camp 1 - Check!


The first Northwest Wonders camp was a success...

The salmon were swimming...

The orcas were frolicking...

 The seagull's were enjoying the views...

And the kids...well, they had a blast!

 It was crazy trying to get pictures with all the artsy mayhem happening, but I did manage a few and will share at a later date! The little boy above melted my heart when he ran up to me after class one day and asked me to go on a picnic with him and his mom (his idea!), so sweet...then my heart broke because I wasn't able to due to a few appointments I had to get myself to, so sad. It was one of the most precious moments though, and I'll carry it with me forever! ♥

Camp Number 2 starts tomorrow...twice as many kids & no helper...please...wish me luck!!! :o

9 comments:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Jessica:
These pictures are simply WONDERFUL. So full of colour and life! We are delighted to know that the camp has gone so well and do wish you every success with the second.

Such a pity that you could not go on the picnic but what a very sweet and heart warming thought.

24 Corners said...

Jane & Lance~ I was thrilled to see you here...welcome back! thank you for the kind compliment, I'm very happy you like the pictures...I hope to get more pictures of the students masterpieces this week, they were so fun, just need a bit of breathing and clicking space! xoxo

Lynne said...

I love seeing kids and artistic expression. Reminds me of my teaching days. Is this camp la summer school program for children or a private school you are doing on your own?

helen tilston said...

Hello Jessica

That young boy knows how to pick a very special woman. I can imagine how you treasured his invitation. I love the projects you have prepared for them.

Wishing you a week of joy

Helen xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you for following me in the past. I am back with a new boutique and adventures. Will be posting a code for discount in my shop and wanted to make sure that all of my previous followers received the message to check this week for code.

Thank you so much and it is great to be back doing what I love, and hopefully you will too!

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I love that the camp is called Northwest Wonders. The photos of the artists hard at work, as well as some of the results ARE Northwest-wonderful!!

24 Corners said...

Lynne~ How wonderful that you were a teacher, I love knowing that! The camps are done through my own business in three different cities...never a dull moment!! xo

Helen~ I'm so glad you like the projects! My sweet invitation was one of my job perks...might even be the sweetest one yet! xo

Karen~ Thank you for visiting...glad you are once again enjoying what you love to do...I know how wonderful that feels! xo

Elizabeth Rose! You are just so witty...thanks for the huge smile I'm sportin right now!!! :)

Kit said...

Oh my what great pics! My fav is the seagull one. :) Kit

Unknown said...

I just can't get over how cute their artwork turns out! What a wonderful gift you are giving to these lucky children!!