Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Parrish Connection...and More


It looks as if the luminous and enchanting world of  Maxfield Parrish is alive and well...and living in our own little slice of heaven just outside of Seattle.


The scenery in our area has always had such a soothing and restorative effect on my soul and spirit...a true gift from God, and one that delights every single day...and these days, those delights are so greatly appreciated, as another beloved family member has taken ill. It was a very sudden and unexpected...a complete shock to all. I've only just now been able to touch upon it here, and just a bit at that...we're still just trying to process what has happened, though for the moment, all is as well as can be expected...but it's going to be a long journey.


We're living on faith, hope and prayers now (which are needed by the sky-full, and greatly appreciated), and the occasional binge of something not good for you...which for me seems to be buckets of anything salty followed by bits of anything dark and chocolaty, which means that the walks out of doors, for the enjoyment and comfort of all the surrounding beauty...are also providing a much needed good deed in balancing out said binges...at least I hope they are.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend...and as I've been working on a bushel of posts without the capability of finishing a single one of them...I'm hoping that this weekend, with the inspiring help of visiting your beautiful worlds, the creative spark will once again be ignited (it had started to flicker a bit)...and I'll be able to once again dive into the clouds of imagination and fancy!

(images by : moi, my friend Adobe, and Maxfield Parrish)

8 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

Dear Jessica: I am very sorry to read your post, and know that life is extremely trying (and has been for a while)for you. I am on the other end of your computer screen, should you care to write. leohaven@optonline.net

If we lived nearby each other, I would encourage you to take alittle walk with me through a park. Sometimes nature has a way about it. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
-Kathy

Lynne said...

Catch a glimpse of these glorious photos before you indulge in salty and chocolaty. . . and hold patience, serenity, prayerfulness close to your heart . . .
With caring, love Lynne . . .

Mise said...

I'm sorry to read of your family misfortune, Jessica; I hope illness will recede and all will be peaceful and well in your world again soon.

24 Corners said...

Kathy...These have been trying times...for a while now, and I can't begin totell you how heartwarming your comment was to me...I wish we did live near each other as I'd love to take a walk with you, thank you for the offer, it would be a lovely thing to do. And thank you for your offer of communicating further...I'll be in touch...you're very sweet. ♥

Lynne...That's very good advice! I did much better today...only four cheese crackers and a brownie...but sadly no walking, by the time the weather allowed for it, my day wouldn't! I will definitely be holding those three precious gifts very close...thank you! xo

Mise...Your kind words and thoughts had such a calming effect...reading them brought a 'lovely' (really!) wave of peacefulness, and a feeling of wellness...thank you, I'm off to bed now with a gentle smile on my face, and in my heart. xo

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

I'm so sorry about your family member :( I wish you all strength throughout the journey, and that the outcome is positive.
These are beautiful photos of our gorgeous NW clouds! I love this time of year when we see them billowing in the distance. You have it spot-on about them being Maxfield Parrish-esque! Fortunately, too, we also have lots of good suppliers of dark chocolate. May you never run out out of it! Hang in there. xo

24 Corners said...

Elizabeth Rose...Clouds and chocolate are thankfully in abundant supply here, and I think this time of year is the best for the clouds, not so much the chocolate though, since summer is nipping at the heels!
Thank you for the wonderful wishes and thoughts...you know, I think of Henny often and smile, so thank you for her too! xo

thyme (Sarah) said...

I am so sorry that your family is going through a time of pain and insecurity of health. It seems that I always brace myself whenever my husband's parents call at a strange hour...I always think that something might have happened. I will think of you, your family, and hope that all of the goodness that flows can heal your family members pain and condition. Take care and enjoy those beautiful skies of yours.

24 Corners said...

Sarah...We all at sometime or another must endure times like these, and having 'friends' such as you, makes the going through them a bit less difficult, thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes. We did just go through the worrisome, strange hours call thing...it's a bit unnerving to say the least! I pray that there will be just regular hour calls from your in-laws from here on out!
xoxo