Saturday, June 16, 2012


Dads are great, dads are tall, dads just want to give you all.
They play, they laugh, they dance around,
They sometimes act like silly clowns.
But when in need, they bring wise strength,
A warm embrace and pudding cake,
They hug your heart, they lift you high,
They tell you not to eat a fly!
They'll be there with you through the years,
to hold your hand and shoo your fears.
So thank you dear papas, fathers, and dads...
for giving your all, and all that you had. ♥ J~

Mr. 24 and I were blessed these past 20 years to have had three fathers...we lost one in April, this post is dedicated to him...we miss him very, very much.

Wishing everyone a Happy Father's Day...this moment, or in memories heart!

(image:google)

8 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

Thanks for mentioning "in memories' heart".
Beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is lovely and that page reminds me of all of the cards I used to send to my dad. I miss him so much.

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Jessica:
We are without either of our fathers, the last having died on Christmas Day, but this very cheery post serves as a very good and happy reminder of them. Thank you for this.

helen tilston said...

Hello Jessica

That is a beautiful tribute.
I hope your father is with my father today (he died in 1989) - perhaps my dad is teaching him some dance steps (he was a champion Irish dancer) -
With that thought I shall wish you a beautiful day and may the love in your heart sustain you.

Helen xx

Lynne said...

Beautiful post . . . I too liked your words "memories of the heart" . . . not a day goes by that I don't remember my dads hugs, words, wit, consistentcy, love, zest . . . the best . . .
Memories are God's gifts . . .

Karena said...

A beautiful and poignant tribute. I will be with my Father today and am so very fortunate!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series

24 Corners said...

PurpleFlowers~ You're welcome...I know many who's daddys' are living in their hearts now. xoxo

Tabitha~ Thank you...and so sorry you're dad's not with you any longer, it's never the same when they're gone. So glad you liked the 'card', it's a vintage one... they were the best. xoxo

Jane & Lance~ I remember when he passed away...the first holidays with them gone are always the most difficult. I'm so happy this post touched cheerful memories with your father's, that's wonderful!
Hugs to both of you...xoxo

Helen~ Our father was a wonderful ballroom dancer! I'm just sure your father and he are trading dance moves as we speak...what a lovely thought! xoxo

Lynne~ The traits you described for your dad are priceless...and could describe our dad to a T, just wonderful!! And yes, the best gifts are most definitley from God...who is being celebrated around here as well! xoxo

Karena~ We must cherish every second we have with them..so wonderful that you've done exactly that today!! xoxo

Nolan said...

Hi great reading yourr blog