
Two of my most treasured and admired friends, President Washington and Miss. Jane Austen, have made themselves quite at home this last week, despite all the work that continues to be done around them. The ongoing daily hardware installations have kept them very amused and the never-ending unpacking process has kept them delightfully entertained. They've just been happy as can be to sit and enjoy the views surrounding their new, very important and prominent spots in the living room whilst keeping me company as I continue to try and get us settled in.

President Washington seems to love gazing out the living room windows and Miss. Austen loves seeing the new additions that keep showing up on a daily basis such as our sweet little Duke's bowl. For now I've placed it on the uppermost shelf and filled it with some of the rocks and shells that used to surround his glass home, rocks and shells that I had picked up on my many excursions to the local beach (our beaches aren't really the sandy type). I wonder if Duke would have liked being in this spot, up high, surveying with George & Jane all that is going to transpire in this new home of ours.


Most of our belongings are still in storage so it will be a few weeks before these guys get some new company and I'm really looking forward to seeing who and what, will be hanging out with them.
Can you spot what's different between the third and last picture??? (It's easy peasy!)
11 comments:
I see you!
I see you in the third picture!!!! Oh, Jacqueline already said that. ; ) Happy new home to Jane and George. Those are absolutely beautiful built-in cases - I'll have to have Hubby stop by as perhaps he will then be inspired to build some for us. ; )
xoxoTrina
Lovely pulls on the doors .. I really like them .. in the last photo :)
Jacqueline & Trina~ So funny...I wasn't counting me in the answer but you're right...I am in the third and not in the fourth, I was being tricky without even knowing it! So you are both correct but....
aBroad! You right...the new pulls are in the fourth and not the third. Good eye!
And good "eye's" to Jackie & Trina...wish I was doing a give away prize or something, you'd all win because you were all right!
Thanks for playing! :)
Trina~ Thank you!!! I hope hubby is greatly inspired and wants to start building *your* new cases immediatly! ;)
(I believe there's a better picture of them in one of the lighting posts and I'd be more than happy to email any further needed inspiration)
xxoo J~
I agree, I can see you (!) and your lovely drop earring style pulls which I love. George & Jane are going to love their new home!
Cheers and isn't unpacking exciting in a new home?
i'm too late... but i am just loving all the photos of your home... and george... i think he should be your "bmo" can we see it thru his eyes??? he he have a wonderful day... xx
Such a life for George & Jane - just sitting & observing while you do all the work. LOVE seeing more of your accomplishment!
Pam~ I love the idea of George being a bmo...we'll see if I can tear him away from constantly staring out the window! There is a little Miss. Ginger you know, she's my surrogate four legged friend and it would be very fun to see what she sees...she's VERY low to the ground though...
btw...I said hi to you as I was driving over 520 today past Madison Park! xo J~
Lili~ George and Jane are soooo old, they deserve to rest...Hope things are going well in PT!!! :)
Oh, somebody beat me to it. The pulls on the cupboards are a new addition in photo 4 :)....and they look fabulous.
I think Duke would love being way up high, and in such excellent company with Jane and George too.
Such a lovely, wonderful built-in...I look forward to seeing how you fill it up, sweet friend!
xoxo
Thanks D! I think Duke would've like it up there too...pea time would've been a little tricky though...xxoo
I see the addition of glass and your reflection!
What lovely shelves to organize books and things.
pve
Post a Comment