This Memorial Day, we honor the countless unknown heroes...
those known only to God...
And the staggering many who were, and are known...who rest in peace after giving their most precious gift.
And we also honor their beloved and courageous partners, who bravely watched over them physically and emotionally, never leaving their sides...always ready to serve.
Today we salute you, and remember all that you have done for us, and for our freedoms...and we thank you for the magnificent blessings we are able to enjoy, that no other nation has EVER been able to enjoy...because they didn't have you.
And today, we also thank your precious loved ones, who sacrificed all as well...our hearts remember you, and grieve with you...and pray for you. We are humbled by your courage and strength....may God bless you, and the memories of *your* loved ones...forever. ♥







3 comments:
You've said it so eloquently, I have tears in my heart. I shook hands with many "senior" soldiers today. They make me proud to be an American, and I wanted them to know how much I appreciate them. A very emotional ceremony.
Purple Flowers~ It's so wonderful that you were able to show your appreciation to those soldiers in person today Kathy, what an honor. I don't think I'd be able to make it through a ceremony like that without blubbering...we owe them so much. I'm sure they appreciated you being there very much and were very grateful...they deserve so much more than just one day of remembrance a year, bless you for being there for them. xoxo
Such a beautiful post. Thank you.
Post a Comment