Sunday, May 12, 2013

Through Gitzi's Eyes

When my mom Gitzi visited last month, her dream was to once again visit the tulip fields of Skagit Valley during the Tulip Festival, which she had done on a previous visit years ago, and to be honest, it was a dream of mine as well.
Well being that visiting the tulip fields is truly an all day event, and being that we never actually had an 'all day' situation that allowed for it, we instead opted for visiting the myriad of amazingly beautiful local flower markets and nurseries that were all within half an hour's drive of my house...and we loved it!
All of these images are from our flower jaunts...and all are seen through the very talented and gifted shutter happy lens of Gitzi's eye.
When I was a baby, my mom was in photography school...and she has been taking gorgeous and interesting pictures ever since. I'm so thankful for the awareness and appreciation of surrounding beauty that she's instilled in me over the years, whether in nature or indoors. I can't imagine life without that awareness, it's been such a gift.
Our most very special, and final flower jaunt, was to Pike Place Market...and look what they had bushels of...Field Tulips! from the very fields we had wanted to visit!!!
Need I say, we were in tulip heaven...
Tulips - Tulips everywhere...
Rows and rows...
Bucketfuls of tulips...
Striped tulips...
Pointy tipped tulips...
 
Voluminously stunning double tulips...
And even some lovely double daffodils thrown in for some sweet variety.
 My mom was absolutely thrilled with it all, and so was I...we couldn't have asked for a more special day, and to me, it was our Mother's Day, since we won't be able to spend the official one together.
Here's wishing everyone of you a very special and Happy Mother's Day, filled with lovely times of memories being made, or lovely memories of special times past...may the warmth and love of this day shine in those memories and bless your hearts...as ours have been. ♥

 

14 comments:

gillyflower said...

Lovely post Jessica! So many beautiful flowers. The pansies are gorgeous, and the tulips are just amazing! I love to see them massed like you show them, there are so many different varieties and all as pretty as the next - I'm sure your Mm must have enjoyed it all so much.
Thanks for visiting my blog, and I hope you and your Mum enjoy a Happy Mother's Day too!
Gill xx

Lynne said...

Gorgeous photos of your flower and tulip visits . . . Such a pleasant day with your mother . . . one more memory maker! Did you purchase some tulips for home . . .

24 Corners said...

Gilly~ I knew you'd love all the flowers Gill...they are truly amazing when grouped together like this, now if only I could figure out how to fit them all in my house! xo

Lynne~ It was such a lovely day! We didn't actually purchase any flowers that day because we had already purchase loads of tulips elsewhere...they were field tulips though...and so pretty! xo

Splendid Market said...

I am running to the market as soon as I can! I love it when the tulips come in, thank you for the beautiful reminder. Happy Mother's Day! ~ebh

helen tilston said...

Hello Jessica

What a perfect day with your dear mother. What spectacular varieties of tulips. I can imagine how special this day was for both of you.
Helen xxx

24 Corners said...

Splendid Market~ I hope there's still tons of tulips at the Market for you! I'm looking forward to Peony season now, love when the Market is spilling over with them, so beautiful...can't wait!
Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! xo

Helen~ It was a perfect day...I clung to it today since we weren't able to be together in person...very special to have available in my hearts pocket!
Hope you had a lovely Mother's Day...xo

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures and so nice hearing from you :)

24 Corners said...

Linnea~ Thank you! Coming from you that means a lot! xo

barios said...

I have come here and read. may be useful and continued success

model busana muslim murah said...

interesting to read thank you I really liked your article I love your beautiful blog and so enjoy your posts.good job

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

OH what a feast for the eyes! (I'm catching up after resting mine) Beautiful shots, one and all!

24 Corners said...

Elizabeth Rose~ Thank you...yes, a flower feast!!
Hope your eyes feel nice and rested now...cuz there are piggies out there in serious need of clothing! ;)
xo J~

Geri Meftah Art said...

Holland is known for its tulips. But I read now you have a Tulip Festival, really beautiful. I can understand why your mother wanted to see it again.

Is everything all right with you?

Greetings from Geri

24 Corners said...

Hello Geri, I believe it was initially Dutch immigrants who moved to the Skagit Valley and planted all the tulips here...so thankful for them! That area is very much like Holland, so the tulips are extremely happy there.
I'm fine, you're so sweet for asking...just a bit overwhelmed, getting ready for 6 summer camps and my mind is a creative mess at the moment, trying to pull it all together, hope to be ready in the next few weeks. See you soon over at the Bronte's...love my visits with you and the 'family'. ♥