Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Calm & Delightful New Year To All

 Happy New Year everyone! We had a pretty quiet New Year's Eve...
All except for Miss. Ginger that is, she's the only one that really partied it up! Give her an occasion to wear her finest and she's all over it!
I on the other hand, was busy making Happy New Year's cards since due to my illness, I'd only managed to get a few real Christmas cards out...that's never happened before, so some of these will be used as belated Christmas cards and others as thank you's. Actually, after making them, I thought it would be nice to do some every year for thank you's...of course, that's what I say now, we'll see how that plan goes next year!
Many blessings to all in 2013...may it be a year filled with peaceful healing and pure joy, which in the original Greek means 'a calm delight'...a state of being that I believe every heart and soul would be very thankful to wear in the coming year...and may you also find happiness in every dream, thought, and hope that tugs at your spirit in the New Year...wishing you a wondrous next 12 months! ♥

(vintage images: no idea, probably Dover or ClickArt...have had them for a while) 

18 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

Beautiful words and sentiments! I love your artistry. You could sell those illustrations. I just read a Christmas Book "Believe" illustrated by Mary Engelbreit. It's beautiful and dreamy. Stuff that hearts are made of.
Anway, I love YOUR artwork. So nice to see it.
Peace, love, contentment and blessings to you.
Love,
Kathy

helen tilston said...

Hello Jessica

How thoughtful of you to put your creativity into those beautiful and treasured cards.

I return your New Year wish.

Heleb xx

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Happy New Year dear Jessica ..... may it be a year of love and kindness and thank you for your blogging friendship in 2012 and looking forward to more of the same in 2013. Much love. XXXX

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

Thank you for these wonderful wishes! I hope you are feeling better! The cards look wonderful :)

24 Corners said...

Purple Flowers~ I feel so silly, those images are vintage clip art that I've had stored for a while, I should have noted that, so sorry...situation is fixed now though. I wish I had created them...I've actually wanted to do a version of the houses for class, love the 20's/30's feel about them, it'd be fun to teach the kids about that era in art!
I love Mary Engelbreit's work so much, she's been such an inspiration, I need to get that book, haven't seen it.
thank you for 'your' blessing, it lifted my heart! xo

Helen~ BLessings of treasured creativity to you in the New Year...you've given all of us so much to be inspired by, thank you! xo

Jacqueline~ Love and kindness sound heavenly...may they be the standard for all in the New Year! xo

Elizabeth Rose~ I am feeling better now (after almost two weeks!) thank you...and thank you for the card compliment! xo

Lynne said...

I hope this finds you feeling better . . . it is your time to be well! Love your cards and artistic touch.
Happy New Year . . .

24 Corners said...

Lynne~ I'm feeling so much better now, thank you.
I'm glad you enjoyed the cards...I just came back from enjoying yours!! xo

Ivy Lane said...

Cheers to a wonder-filled 2013!!!

All the best,
Ivy :)

24 Corners said...

Ivy...Thanks sweetie, all the best to you too!!! ♥

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Happy 2013, dear sweet J! May your year be filled with love, laughter, good health and prosperity. May it be a calm delight (now a favorite term of mine, thank you!)

I've been neglecting my blog friends due to this that and the other, but I hope to "see" more of you in 2013, dear heart.

I'm glad to read you are feeling better. :)

Much love,
D
xo

gillyflower said...

Miss Ginger looks like she had a great time!
Your cards are delightful!
Wishing you good health, happiness, and a peaceful year in 2013 - I hope you're feeling better after your illness.
I love the start of a new year - a clean slate, a fresh start, full of possibilities....
Take care Jessica
Gill xx

LPC said...

Happy New Year, a tad delayed. Your card skills are impressive!

24 Corners said...

Dennice~ It's so nice to 'see' you, I miss you, but totally understand as I too have been neglectful lately because of the 'same' and hope to start visiting more often as well, life does get in the way sometimes, doesn't it?!
Thank you for the wonderful New Year's wishes...I could use all of the above mentioned, in a big way...I wish the same for you dear friend! xoxo

Gilly~ The 'clean slate & fresh start' are always such a gift this time of year...a new adventure lies ahead, with yes, so many possibilities...I will keep this thought in my head when things get a bit silly, thank you! xo

Lisa~ Thank you...I wish I had more time to make the cards, it's one of my joys. Happy 2013!!! xo

red ticking said...

hi darling... missing you... happy happy new year to you... wishing you all the many blessings this year!!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

The very best 2013 to you, your family and Miss Ginger!

Ivy Lane said...

Greetings dear Jessica! I am need of an opinion...or two... when you or anyone else who "visits" here, get a moment...please pop over to my blog and let me know what you think. I found some (what I think ) are fabulous mid-century modern seating pieces that need minimal work...wondering what to pay for the "lot"... suggestions please! :)

Ivy Lane said...

J.. thanks so much for popping over and lending your opinion! I greatly appreciate it!

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Dear Jessica, I hope you are feeling on top of the world now? Its always sad to be ill during the Christmas holiday if you are a person (which I suspect you are?!!) who loves all the festivities. I love your photo of Miss Ginger. She looks like the life of the party. Sending you nothing but good wishes for health and happiness to you 3 for 2013.

xxx Deb + Buffy + Graham