Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcoming Spring

Wishing everyone the most perfect of springs...

May your windows be opened soon upon floral breezes, warm sunlit air, and the sweet bird song that heralds all is becoming once again, gloriously fresh and new!

(image~ ebay)

15 comments:

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Jessica,
It's the first day of Spring .... one of the lovliest days of the year as we know that the longer days are here, warmer weather and new buds and shoots are emerging.
I just love the image that you have used to illustrate this.
Happy Spring and wishing you a lovely week. XXXX

gillyflower said...

HI Jessica!
What a sweet spring post. I love that vintage image, it is just glorious, so elegant!
And your words conjure up all that the first lovely days of real warm spring sunshine evoke - we have had a few tantalising tasters over the last few weeks - like yesterday which was sunny and blue skies but not that balmy soft warmth yet.
Happy Spring and may the sun shine on you and yours!
Gill xx

Purple Flowers said...

And a Happy Springtime to you! I love the images. The woman reminds me of an art deco image.

gillyflower said...

ps how I would love a window seat like that next to large fully openable windows!! Imagine perched there in the picture, breathing in the scents of spring flowers, feeling the warmth and hearing the bird song, maybe with book or sewing in hand? (Assuming of course all the housework and gardening is done ;) )
Ah to dream!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Jessica:
As it happens we are experiencing the most wonderful spring weather with warm days and blue skies abounding.

Last weekend saw us at Visegrád, a small town on the Danube bend, where everyone was out and about for a spring food festival. All great fun and a possible future post!!

We do so hope that all is well with you and think of you often.

Lynne said...

and may the same be for you . . .

24 Corners said...

Jacqueline@Home~ I'm so glad you like the image...I'd love to have her living here at 24C as a perpetual reminder of spring! xo

Gilly~ Lucky you to already having a few glimpses of what is to come...we've had one day, and that was last month, but I know spring is on it's way, and that hope keeps me smiling! I love the idea of having a seat right at that window to enjoy ones special pastimes...that makes me smile too!! xo

Purple Flowers~ The image is actually called 'Art Deco Lady'! I don't think that's it proper name, but it's what the seller is calling the print...you were spot on! xo

Jane & Lance~ How lovely that you're already enjoying a beautiful spring, I'm so happy for you, may it continue perfectly through to summer! I'd love to see a post on the food festival, I'm sure it was wonderful, especially since it was in such a bucolic local!
Thank you for your continued thoughts, it warms my heart to think of them, and you! xo

Lynne~ One can only hope...thank you! ♥

Mise said...

If a birdcage will make me feel so joyfully spring-like, I must have a birdcage. I wish you armfuls of hyacinths!

24 Corners said...

Mise~ Yes, you *must* have a birdcage...I think we all must actually, a perpetual spring would be ours for the taking then...year round! Thank you for the hyacinth wishes...I will be carrying them and their delicious scent around from here on out! xo

Geri Meftah Art said...

Yes, spring!!!!!

The best period of the year is coming. I wish you a lot of beautiful days with a lot of beautiful flowers.

Greetings from Geri XXX

Ivy Lane said...

Thank you for the Spring wishes! It is here in Cleveland in full force! Warm, sunny days..good night's rest with windows open! Flowers and trees in bloom, birds singing!!!!! Woo hoo!

have a great rest of the week dear girl!

Ivy!

Unknown said...

Happy spring!

24 Corners said...

Geri~ I'm sure spring is just beautiful in your part of the world! Right now, we have loads of heather blooming along-side the daffodils...our beloved 'sisters' would absolutely love it, I think of them everytime I see the heather! xo

Ivy Lane~ You very fortunate girl!!! Thank you for the lovely wishes...it has been a nice, semi-springy week...with a wee touch of snow though! Enjoy your warmth, open windows...and birdsong!!! xoxo

Linnea~ Thank you...same to you!!! :)

dovecote Decor said...

Maybe I toured you through the gardens once. I think it is a magical place and never got tired of wandering through as it changes everyday. I miss California!
Thank heavens it is Spring.
Best,
Liz

24 Corners said...

Chris~ Thank you for stopping by, and for the follow, I'm so thrilled you've enjoyed your time here...it's nice to meet you! xo

Liz~ I'm sorry to say that we never took a tour, our dear friend was our tour guide...she had been going to the Huntington for so long, I think she could have been paid to be a guide, we were so fortunate to have her with us, though, it would have been fun to have toured with you! xo