Thursday, March 3, 2011

Only One Month...

All this beauty is only one eensy weensy, itsy bitsy, microscopic, little ol' month away!


That's the mantra I keep saying...over and over and over again.

For me, the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival, which runs the whole month of April, is the harbinger of spring here in the Pacific Northwest...you can probably see why.



Mount Vernon is the home to this amazing valley where every year farmers plant acres and acres of tulips, daffodils, irises, and more creating carpets of color that stretch for miles.

Surrounded on one side by the Cascade Mountain range and Mt. Baker, which is perpetually ensconced in snow...it is truly a breathtaking sight and is the epitome of what springtime in the Northwest is to me.



Visiting the fields (not on the weekend mind you), and having brunch or lunch followed by an antiquing adventure in the very quaint nearby town of La Connor, is truly my idea of heaven.

The beauty is so magnificent that tears have been known to moisten an eye or two when taking it all in. One month.....

One month...


One month!


(images 1 & 4 here, image 2- here, image 3- here, image 5- here, image 6- here, image 7- here, image 8- here, image 9- here, image 10- here, image 11-here, image 12- here, image 13-here, image 14- personal)

27 comments:

Geri Meftah Art said...

I know we in Holland are famous because of our tulips fiels. Now I know we are not the only one.
It really is beautiful what I see her.

24 Corners said...

Kluerrijk...There is actually a Dutch settlement in the Skagit Valley, hence all the tulips...there are even windmills gracing the tulip gardens and farms throughout the area, you'd feel right at home! xo

Pearl said...

One month! It must smell wonderful (even if tulips don't really have much of a scent).

Pearl

Purple Flowers said...

I wish I lived closer (east coast for me). My eyes were soaking it in via your photos; I can't imagine how gorgeous it is to view in person with my eyes and heart. Thank you for sharing.

A Lasting First Impression said...

I have never been, but I love Spring flowers so much, I think I need to make a plan to go this year! Wanna go together??? I also have the lavender festival on my calendar. Can't wait! Love the pictures, they are beautiful, and such a touch of Spring!
Love you, hope you are having a great week!
M

24 Corners said...

Pearl...It *does* smell wonderful...it smells like spring! :)

Purple Flowers...I wish you could see it in person...you could go to Holland though, it might be closer! xo

M...Yes, lets go!!! The boys can watch the boys!!! What do you say...? xoxo

Made in heaven said...

Wow! Amazing, I can almost feel the smell all the way over here...
Have a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeousness! We drove up one year but a little too late to so it wasn't as spectacular as these photos but it was still really pretty. Thanks for all the words of encouragement over at my blog, Jessica. You're a doll. Happy pre-spring weekend to you!

quintessence said...

How beautiful. As we in the northeast are just coming out from under our blanket of white, these beautiful photos are are welcome feast for the eyes!! Love tulips - can't wait to see some blooming around here!

Karena said...

Jessica tulips, one of my very favorite of all flowers!! These fileds of color are such eye candy!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Do come and enter my Artful Offering!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Mystica said...

I can't believe this is for real. Absolutely beautiful

Ivy Lane said...

stunning!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh my goodness this is amazing! I envy you getting to see all of those gorgeous tulips.

Sarah Greenman said...

Its hard to believe that these photos are even real. The flowers are amazing. Wish I could attend the festival.

Dovecote Decor said...

Spectacular post. It is beautiful in the PNW. I lived in Portland for a few years and missed the tulip fields entirely. I loved the majestic volcanoes, when they came out of the clouds. I was just in Ecuador where the volcanoes are almost as high as the Himalayas. It was breathtaking.
Best,
Liz

Victoria Musicco said...

I Love tulips...such happy flowers!
What was that Emma Goldman quote?
.......'I'd rather have flowers on my table than diamonds on my neck'
So true.
Beautiful post, tks.

red ticking said...

GORGEOUS .... only 1 more month.... cannot wait!!!! xoxoxoxo

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Like candy.

24 Corners said...

Ladies....I'm so happy that you've all enjoyed these rows of flower "candy" (thanks Pamela)...I'm still repeating the mantra daily! Hopefully one day you'll have the opportunity to experience this all crazy natural beauty in person...and Victoria, I wholeheartedly, 100% agree with Emma's quote!! xo

A Perfect Gray said...

so beautiful...

AND

you totally get the prize for the BEST comment left today at my place...I loved the 'chair siblings' idea!

donna

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Jessica you've made my week. Seeing each & every photo brought back many memories. Boy I miss home and all it's beauty. You know Graham & I spent our wedding night at a small hotel in La Conner. I now think I have a permanent smile on my face : )

Thanks so much and thank you for always being the encouraging, warm, amazing person you are.
Love,
Deb

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures! I've given you a blog award. I hope you don't mind:)

24 Corners said...

Donna...I'm thrilled! Maybe the brother will be up for adoption one day and then they could be re-united! :)

Deb...I was thinking of you (of course) when posting this...and now I have a permanent smile on my face knowing that it brought such joyful and special memories to you, I love it! What a wonderful place to spend your wedding night.
And thank you, for such sweet words. xo

Linnea...I'm truly honored...thank you so much!!! xo

shopgirl said...

Wow! I can't believe all this beauty was write next to me and I never knew about it. I could kick myself.

I can't wait for you to go and enjoy your experience through your photos.

xoxo

gillyflower said...

Beautiful, colourful, wonderful pictures!!!
Makes your heart sing to see them! In real life it must be awesome.
I have never seen such beauty, even when visiting the famous dutch bulb fields in Holland a few years ago!
The sheer scale of it all against the dramatic background - breathtaking!
Sounds like a wonderful day you have planned in a few weeks time, how lucky!!Hope you enjoy it!
Gill

24 Corners said...

Shopgirl...Please don't kick yourself, maybe one day you'll be able to go, yes that's it, come for a visit!! :)

Gillyflower...So nice to see you here! I'm glad you enjoyed the images so much...it is magnificent, I feel very fortunate to live so near. xo

snippets of thyme said...

This would be amazing to attend. It reminds of something a bit similar in Michigan. When we lived there, we went to the Tulip Festival in Holland, Michigan. I miss tulips! No tulips and no lilacs down here in Texas. Boo.