Friday, March 18, 2011

A Beautiful Year

Today is 24 C's one year anniversary (this completely amazes me)...and from the bottom of my heart I want to thank each and every one of you for visiting, leaving comments, following, and mostly...for offering your friendships in such genuine, warm, caring, and thoughtful ways. You have all *beautifully mattered* to me this past year, and have blessed me to no end...I'm so grateful.
This song is a gift to you...a thank you for all the beauty and inspiration that you and your blogs have given to me, and also, for allowing me to share what I believe to be beautiful with you.



This song was written by Sara Groves when she was questioning her artistry and her love of all things beautiful, wondering if it truly mattered or if it was all just a shallow waste of time. Then she learned of Vedran Smailovic, a cellist who after the the siege of Sarajevo would bring his cello out amongst the rubble of what once was a beautiful city park, sit near a fountain that had somehow remained unscathed....and he would play. The beauty of his music it turned out mattered greatly...it broke through the despair and destruction that lay all around him and conquered it in it's own very powerful, lovely, and meaningful way.

Beauty does matter...it can feed the soul, bring pure joy and delight, offer comfort, and wonderfully connect people in a very strong and understanding way who otherwise may never have met. The beauty of your blogs and what you choose to share does matter...greatly...please always remember that, they and you...are a beautiful gift.

One of my most popular posts this past year happened to be the one where I showcased my mother Gitzi's art. I had fallen in love with this floral series of hers and it seems that many of you did too given the amount of comments it received. So as another way to say thank you, I've made up two sets of note cards depicting these images and would love to give them away to two of you.

Please just leave a comment...two if you're a follower, by Wednesday the 23rd. I'll be randomly picking the winners (using that number generator thing - for the first time) and announce who they are on Friday the 25th.

You all meant a great deal to me...thank you so much for a very beautiful and very special year.
xo Jessica

27 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

I tried to sign in; I hope it worked! I would love to treasure your Mother's beautiful artwork.
Happy Blog Anniversary!

A Lasting First Impression said...

Hurray for one year celebrations!!! I am so proud of you, proud of your blog, and so thankful that I get to be your friend. Each post you deliver shows great attention to detail, love, time, and a little peek into your sweet heart. I look forward to another year, hope you keep going.
Hugs...
Em

A Lasting First Impression said...

I am a happy follower too...would love to win your moms artwork! : )

Elizabeth Brown said...

Thank your for sharing such special song. Lovely. Beauty does matter indeed. I have enjoyed all your beautiful posts from the get go. Happy Birthday 24 Corners!

Geri Meftah Art said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I followed your advice and went to www.onekingslane. com to look to Bronte material. I signed myself in. But they ask a zipp code. I don't know what it means. I tried the zipp code from my city, but this is obviously not what they mean.
Can you help me? What kind of zipp code do they want to have?

Nice weekend
Greetings from Geri

Unknown said...

Have a good Sunday! The combination with rosemary bread sounds pretty good.

Divine Theatre said...

Happy Anniversary!
I am your newest follower! Thanks for visiting me, or I may never have found you!

~Andie

Dovecote Decor said...

Happy Blogaversary!! Mine is coming up. I would love to win your Mother's cards.
Best,
Liz

snippets of thyme said...

I love how people celebrate their one year anniversaries of blogging. Thank you for the kind comments on my au gratin dish. I could eat potatoes every day! Congratulations to you and I'm looking forward to reading more articles.

gillyflower said...

Hi!
Ffirstly thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment! It's lovely to meet new people!
This is a beautiful post - the story you tell of the cellist in Sarajevo is wonderfully uplifting, and it and your words give heart to me and will to others too I'm sure.Thank you.
Your Mother's artworks are lovely! I will search for the original post shortly so I can enjoy more.
I would love the chance to be entered into the draw to win such beautiful art.
Do visit me again! I have just posted another post!
Have a lovely evening
Gill

gillyflower said...

Ps I don't really have a stutter, just type too fast and inaccurately and then don't check and edit!

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Jessica,
The cards are wonderful and I love the message from this song!

CONGRATULATIONS on one year of blogging beauty!!!!
xo,
~R

for the love of a house said...

Happy Blog Anniversary to you Jessica!
What a lovely post and I can not thank you enough for the song... if you only knew the thoughts rummaging through my head not thirty minutes before.... so thank you, your words were a gift.
Your mother's cards are beautiful. I see your artistic talents are inherited!

fondly,
joan

I Dream Of said...

Congratulations on one year! Beautiful cards, they look like spring! Here's to another inspiring year.
Jeanne

Dennice {Fringe} said...

Happy Blogiversary, darling dear! You've done a magnificent job!

Oh, that song. It gave me goosebumps. I am so touched, inspired and moved by the words and the music. Thank you so so much for sharing it.

Your mother's artwork is so vibrant and rich. I'm certain it matches her soul. She must be so proud of you and you're immense compassion, intelligence and talent.

And (you know it's coming...) thank you for being you. Honestly, you're such a treasure. I'm so grateful to know you, J.

Thank you for this FABULOUS giveaway!
xoxo

Dennice {Fringe} said...

P.S. I follow you. Oh yes, yes I do. (Not in a stalker way though :))

xo!

a peony princess said...

Happy one year to you! ♥

Your mother's artwork is beautiful. It always amazes me when people can create such beauty with their hands...I myself am completely unable to do so.

Here's to another year! xo

a peony princess said...

...and I too am a happy follower!

Luna said...

Happy one year blogaversary! Your Mom's artwork is beautiful! Cheers to another year of blogging.

~ Sue & Luna

brock street said...

oh wow friend! a wonderful posting and i'm sorry i am just getting to it today.
i know there is a reason for that as i really needed it.
you inspire in a way no other blogger does, your constant heartfelt post, your consistent and generous comments....have more than lent a comfort and support i will always cherish.
now to the song....just like my sis said...goosebumps. her story makes it even more real.
cheers to you and your talented mother. much to be thankful for.

Splendid Willow said...

Happy 1 year!

Your Mom is very talented. Creativity seems to run in the family!

Thank you for visiting my blog, so that I could discover you!

Warm hugs,

Mon

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you!!! May you have many more blog years to come!
Xo,
E + J

gillyflower said...

Hi Jessica
Happy One Year of Blissful Blogging!! (forgot to wish you that earlier, was too bust admiring your Mother's lovely artwork!)
Thanks for visting and leaving lovely comments!!
have a great day - the sun is shing here today its glorious!

Pearl said...

Oh, ABSOLUTELY. Beauty and art and grace and humor matter, especially when we suspect that they don't. It's what connects us with spirit, and that alone is worth the effort.

Lovely post.

Pearl

Made in heaven said...

Happy anniversary!! Love the cards...
Have a great day!

Dovecote Decor said...

Loved the post! Drop by to see our fabulous imported French Basketeer Giveaway. To quote Andrea plastic bags are “so passé!”

Best,
Liz

Tricia said...

Happy blog-o-versary!!!
xo~
T