It wasn't only the stunning architecture that captivated me when I moved here. I was instantly mesmerized by the awe inspiring beauty of this region and have literally been enchanted on a daily basis every day since.




Our ultimate dream home would have been one that you would have to take a ferry ride to get to. With views of the Olympic Mountains and the ferries going to and fro across Puget Sound in the distance, with sail boats & sea planes floating by, adding their special kind of charm to the scenery.


Well...since that wasn't going to be our reality, just yet anyway, we decided to build a home that looked and felt as if we had done just that. One that felt like we had just stepped off of a ferry...

(all images personal : 1-4 Richmond Beach, 5-6 Edmonds & 7 Lk. Forest Park)
6 comments:
We were JUST talking about getting up to the San Juan Islands! We were up there a few years ago and I think our favorite part was island hopping on the ferry! There's just something about being on a ferry that makes you feel as if you're going far, far, away to a magical, fairy tale place. So excited to see the beautiful house!!! LOVE the shingle style - very coastal and classic! X Trina
Trina ~ This must mean that you are destined to go then.
The San Juans *are* a "far, far away magical fairy tale place"...only they're right next door! :) There's so much to explore...I'd love to spend a month just toodling around the different islands, using the ferries and the sea-planes...heaven!
Thanks for stopping by too...I love when you visit!
i love your blog... where is your home?
Thanks so much Pam...I love your blog too, and your shop (which I'm eagerly looking forward to visiting!
We're in Lake Forest Park...near Third Place Books...not that far away.
So happy you stopped by...
Oh my goodness, what gorgeous photos of nature's wonder. I would never get tired of looking at that water and those soaring trees. Heaven!
The windows in your last photo are just dreamy. I'm in love already :)
xo
Fringe ~ I never get tired of the views around here. What's makes them even more wonderful is that they change so dramatically on a daily (actually hourly) basis...one never gets bored!
The windows are my favorite part of the house...we picked those and the light they'll bring into the house over the front porch...happy trade.
xo J~
Post a Comment