The camps are finally finished...all six of them. There were three Ocean Camps and three Travel Camps, and for some reason, I was able to take lots of pictures during the Ocean Camps, but the travel camps were so busy and crazy...what with bag packing, flying from country to country, making sure all kids were accounted for, etc...that those pictures I'm sorry to say, are few and far between. But since we do have some wonderful ocean pictures...let's just start with them.
Mayhem was a wonderful tour guide! She introduced all of her friends to us, some of whom swam in especially just for this tour...like Sir Finley the Great White, a very friendly fellow (to most of us), and also, Shetland the Sea Horse, who was kind enough to come even though he was ready to give birth at any moment (we were sorry not to see this phenomenon, and the little ones...but it was for the the best, Puget Sound is very chilly, and their home waters are nice and warm).
After the tours, the students were able to recreate their their adventures.
Miss. C. remembered her fellow tourists as being a bit 'eccentric' (to say the least)...
She also saw a sea turtle, which I completely missed...so cute!
Some students remembered Mayhem as being blue. Octopi do have chameleon skills you know...I think Mayhem was showing them off a bit for her guests.
Even kitty divers!
And some saw these cute little pterodactyl fish that would swim by every now and then (middle left)...they were very interesting!
We saw so much through the submarine portholes. Sushi the Squid was mostly very cheery and on his best behavior...though that wasn't always the case!
Mr. G. had quite a different, and rather scary experience on his tour (which he absolutely loved by the way)...it seems that a few of the creatures decided to joke around a bit!
I'm just thankful that I was on a different sub (we went four at a time)...I don't think I would have enjoyed having my submarine rammed and cracked by these two naughty creatures at all!
I'm just thankful that I was on a different sub (we went four at a time)...I don't think I would have enjoyed having my submarine rammed and cracked by these two naughty creatures at all!
Mayhem ended up having a stern 'talking to' with Sir. Finley and Sushi after this tour...she was extremely vexed at the whole situation. The pair said they were just trying to have a bit of fun with the 'tourists'...but as you can see, the sub was a complete mess when they were done with it, and the poor vessel had to go to the repair shop straight away.
Yes...very naughty fishies indeed!
Yes...very naughty fishies indeed!

Here's Mayhem helping out with the repairs, the sweet girl's always willing to lend a helping tentacle...so professional.
Thank heavens when Ellie (above) went on her tour, all was set right again and she was able to enjoy the normal and peaceful flow of the swimming sea creatures. They actually lulled her into such a dreamy state that it was quite the ordeal getting her off the submarine (thankfully, there are no images of that). Watching fish swim about can be very relaxing you know...if they aren't trying to rupture your submarine and eat you!
Miss. L. as you see, had a lovely experience. Sushi was back to acting nice and proper...funny though, I don't see Sir Finley...he did the most damage to the submarine though, so Mayhem must have had him in a time out, too bad for him...because after all the submarine rides were over, everyone received a very special treat!
Octocakes!

Sweet Miss. J brought them in for all to enjoy.
It was such a nice surprise, and so very thoughtful...we were all extremely giddy about it!
Well, all except for the poor little Octocake Octopi that were about to be devoured...they were a bit on the nervous side (very Mr. Bill, don't you think?).


But Mayhem on the other hand was thrilled about it...and from now on, she'll be treating her tourists and friends to after submarining octocakes as well! Nothing like a wave of sugar to help one find their land-legs again after spending time in deep waters of Puget Sound.
A very sweet ending to a very sweet adventure!
A very sweet ending to a very sweet adventure!
Next year we'll be adventuring with pirates, mermaids, and sea monsters...I can hardly wait!






















11 comments:
Love the artwork, and the fun you and your students must have had.
Purple Flowers~ Thanks, it was so fun...I'm sorry it's all over now but am very happy to be able to relax a bit before the regular school year starts up, it all went by so fast.
Hope you are well...xoxo
I too love the art work and seeing the children's creations.
Lynne~ Glad you enjoyed seeing their creations...they'd love hearing that! xo
This is just beyond cute! The art works are incredible and the octocakes, wow!
Xoxo
Karena
Feature: “Love Where You Live”
Karena~ Thank you...means so much coming from you!! :)
xoxo
The vibrant colours and clean lines are beautiful; I would gladly wallpaper a room with all those pictures.
Mise~ Thank you...what a wonderful thought! I'm sure there will be some 'wallpapering' done at their homes...but to see the art all together in one room would be fantastic...might be time to open up a gallery! ;)
xo
Hello Jessica - I will say it again; I want to be one of your students!! The art they create and the fun they have in your class is amazing. Those cupcakes must have made them all squeal with delight!!! I hope your fall is off to a good start. Thinking of you and Buffy and I send our love to you and Ginger. xoxo
Deb...Any time!!! Having you in the class would be so fun! Fall is off to a very busy and crazy start...so much happening, a bit overwhelmed...but I think it's all about to settle down now, hopefully. Sending love back to you and Buffy from Gingy and I! ♥
We make it easy to create custom and custom body pillow . Choose from our great body pillow styles: fleece, cozy fleece, sherpa or woven image.
Post a Comment