Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The All Hallows Welcoming Committee









 

Our Halloween greeters are extremely eager to meet the little Trick or Treaters that will be stopping by tonight...they can hardly wait!
Except the little guy above in the middle...it's his first Halloween and he's not sure about the characters he's been assigned to hang out with. I put him with the ladies in the hopes that they'll make him feel just a wee bit more comfortable.
Now I just have to figure out how to keep the squirrels and crows away from my P-Crew! Whenever I come out to check on them, 'someone' has plucked or pulled more of their 'guts' out...such a messy business!
(artwork by Nathan-6, and Madelyne-9)
 

Wishing everyone a Happy Halloween...and thoughts are with those little ones on the East Coast who won't be having one this year, at least not today. ♥


(all images personal)

16 comments:

gillyflower said...

You have some mean looking guys on your doorstep this evening Jessica! Beware Trick or Treaters!
Their expressions are amazing!
Happy Halloween!
Gill xx

24 Corners said...

Gill~ I know, they came out so mean and scary looking...even the ones I was trying to make look nice! They had a mind of their own on that! xo

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Jessica:
Well, your welcoming committee of pumpkins look more like a frightening gang to us, but we are sure that they will herald the spirit of Halloween for all who dare to beat a path to your door!

The white pumpkins look very stylish, perhaps they should have been given pride of place in the Drawing Room as decoration rather than been relegated to the doorstep!

May all your tricks be treats tonight. Have fun!

24 Corners said...

Jane & Lance~ You are so right, they are more of a 'gang'...Halloween hoodlums! And I almost didn't add the white pumpkins to the mix as I thought they would be very pretty indoors as well...but I just couldn't resist...they had such great noses!
I'm hoping to find a few more tomorrow for indoor enjoyment though, we'll see if there are any left. xo

Lynne said...

Different, original, creative . . . I LIKE!
I find that in you . . . love your carving and positions . . .

Anonymous said...

They are fabulous! My pumpkin is so rubbishy and basic, I'd love t be able to do better.
Not a single sould came by last night here.

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Sorry for not being around as often as I'd like. A lot to think about here, but I hope you had a splendid day yesterday:)

Elizabeth Rose Stanton said...

ALL adorable. Such fun Halloween greeters!

helen tilston said...

Hello Jessica

I can see your artistic hand carved these pumpkins, they are like sculptures and should be preserved! Do you suppose they could be saved by a wax coating.

Hope you had a wonderful evening

Helen xx

24 Corners said...

Lynne~ Thank you so much...they were very fun to do! The squirrels are having their way with them now though...it's a gruesome sight! xo

Tabitha~ I've carved my pumpkins like this for a few yers now...it's so much easier, and I think, fun. The key is looking for ones with good 'noses'. There is a book called 'Play With Your Pumkins' by Joost Ellfers that started me on this path...and I've never looked back. The only drawback is not being able to light them, well you could, but it would be difficult getting all the seeds out through the tiny mouth opening...hence, I haven't tried it.
Sorry you didn't get any trick or treaters. We had less this year ourselves...haunted houses down the street now and all...my little p-crew can't compete with that! xo

Elizabeth Rose~ Thanks...I'm sorry to see them slowly disappearing into the bellies of the local... critters, you'd think they'd at least wait a day or two, to be polite! xo

Helen~ Thank you so much, what a very sweet thing to say! I wish I could somehow preserve them, but our local creatures immediately started to dine on them and they are a bit munchy looking now. The wax is an intriguing idea though, and if I place them in cages next year, maybe they will survive enough to try something like this out! xo

Lee said...

Love your pumpkins. So creative.
Lisa
Leeshideaway.blogspot.com

24 Corners said...

Linnea...sorry I haven't been around much either, life takes over sometimes doesn't it?! Hope all is well with you though, thinking of you! xo

Lisa...Thank you! They were fun to do, wish they could stay around longer! xo

Unknown said...

Yes quite and same to you!!

Life takes over sometimes. My now three guinea pigs sends their best regards:)

Acanthus and Acorn said...

So darn cute!!! I didn't even get a pumpkin this year, but having enjoyed seeing what others did with theirs.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Hello Jessica - You had the most original, and fun pumpkins I've seen yet. I bet the kids, (& parents loved them)?! I hope it was a fun evening, but I hope too that your Thanksgiving will be a terrific one too? What are you doing this year? Thinking of you and feel bad that my visits are so few. For this I am not proud of. Just hope you both have a blessed Thanksgiving Day.
All my best to you with love,
xxDeb

24 Corners said...

Awe, thanks Deb, you're so thoughtful and sweet!!! We had loads of fun Halloween...but I can't beleive it's already Thanksgiving, times just cruising!!
Please...no worries about visits, I know you're 'there'.
Thinking of you this Thanksgiving as well...the turkey will miss you, I'm sure! xoxo J~