
After the recent tea cup post, I started thinking about the little cupboard who's original purpose was to be where we could hide a microwave. An outlet was put in, the double doors slide in for easy access and unobtrusiveness, it was close to the fridge...all was thoroughly planned and thought out...but a microwave den it has not become.

It has turned into our tea cupboard and I don't think I could even consider putting a microwave in it now...maybe a small, vertical stackable shelf of some sort would be nice for more tea things...but no microwave.


The sweet, tiny little tea cup above was made for Mr.24 by our very special neighbor Miss. Kaitlyn when she was just five years old. In it is a little piece of chocolate that a friend brought back from Paris for us...I can't eat it, the wrapper it's too pretty.

Since this area of the kitchen ended up being coffee central, it only made sense to have the tea accoutrement's nearby as well. Being right off of the living room, dining room and the hallway that leads to the master bedroom (to the right), it makes for very easy access to a warm beverage without having to linger in the kitchen proper.

Still looking for the perfect pendants...

Eventually there will be open shelving on the tiled wall and also, more shelves in the glass front cabinet (those were supposed to be here six months ago!) We haven't added the open shelving yet because...hold on to your seat...this whole area might need to be torn out and replaced due to the
flooding damage...I'm seriously holding on to the hope that the kitchen will survive, I really do not want to look for the perfect marble again!

So for now...since we're really not big microwave users...tea things it is!

We can always stick a microwave in the garage on the pantry shelves if needed in the future for the occasional frozen Samosa Wrap that now takes 45 minutes in the oven to cook (nuked 2 minutes!).

But I really don't mind.
(sorry for the somewhat dark images...I just got a new camera and will hopefully be able to take better pictures soon - once I learn how to use it!)
15 comments:
What a cute idea! You know, you could put a little lamp in there and use that plug in. For extra pretty-ness. Love your kitchen! I am a new follower. Love your blog! Kit
That kitchen looks well nice - great blog btw.
I love seeing your little spaces! Your home is so beautiful, you have so thoughtfully attended to each detail. I am looking forward to the day when you can really move into your space! Still hoping you have a great weekend.
Em
loving the kitchen... i may have an idea on the pendants...
and yes... in love with the sun today!!!!! xoxo
I LOVE your kitchen - very comfortable, yet elegant. I don't blame you for not putting a microwave in that cupboard. It is terrific for tea, which we call a civilized beverage.
Enjoy!
Kit...Great idea for using that outlet! Thanks for the follow and for stopping by!! xo
Mister D...Thank you!! So nice of you to visit! :)
Em...One day, one day (sigh)!! xo
Pam...I'd love to know your thoughts on pendants, thank you...this one's had me stumped for a while now. More sun for us today...yay, but still, brrrr!! xo
Kathleen...Thank you, I love that description! Glad you think we did the right thing too...civilized beverages rule! xo
Your kitchen is fantastic. I especially love the marble and ofcourse the tea cupboard - I think every kitchen should have one - along with an electric tea kettle.
what a great use of space! love the tea cubby.
have you looked at circa lighting? the pendant above my sink is from them and they have some gorgeous fixtures! I was really impressed witht the quality. (and fyi- the price includes shipping when looking)
www.circalighting.com
good luck!
joan
What a beautiful kitchen. I love the tea spot - perfect!
~ Sue & Luna :)
Lovely tea cubby! 1. Have you seen microwave drawers? They are installed under a counter. 2. You would love the "henry" pendants from Waterworks or the simple small balls I spotted on Amazon.
pve
It's all so gorgeous.. I really hope you don't have to disturb this beautiful kitchen because of water damage. Rachaelxx
Marian...Thank you very much! Mr. 24 loves electric tea kettles, we might just have to get one! xo
Joan...I love Circa lighting and have drooled over many a pendant, I'll be right over to revisit yours! I had no idea that shipping was included in the cost...so good to know, thanks!
xo
Sue & Luna...So happy you like the kitchen and tea spot...thank you! xo
pve...I had not heard of microwave drawers, what a brilliant idea! And I haven't seen the Henri yet...I'll check it out immediately (and Amazon), thank you! :)
Rachael...Thank you...it really is the marble I'm worried about, everything else can be easily (ha) replaced, took us a year to find these slabs! We'll have to come up with some very creative ways of saving it, that's all there is to it! xo
I love your tea cabinet! Your home is so beautiful!! would love to come and have tea with you!
Ivy...Any time dear, I'd love it!
xo J~
I'm swooning over your kitchen! It is just beautiful!
Post a Comment