Friday, February 4, 2011

For the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these... ~Luke 18:16

We lost one of our students this week...a boy who was only ten, his name was Daniel. It wasn't an illness, it was an accident...very unexpected, and I just wanted to honor his memory here. He was a sweet boy, and my heart goes out to his family, and to all who knew him. It is a very difficult thing to lose someone so young and so dear...so suddenly.

Praying God's comfort and peace for all.

(image, here)

10 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

A mere child. I believe it's very difficult for us to experience loss at any age, however, a child being ten years young is certainly a tragedy. I'm so sorry for his family and friends.

Notes From ABroad said...

It never makes sense when a child dies. The grief stays with you forever. I am so very sorry for Daniel's family and friends.

A Perfect Gray said...

thinking of you all. it's difficult to imagine the heartbreak that family and friends are enduring...

peace be with you all.

love, donna

Unknown said...

Simply heartbreaking Jessica....healing white light to all those whose lives he touched.

red ticking said...

oh sweetie... i am so sorry to hear this... truly sad... my prayers are strong for his family... so sad.... xx

24 Corners said...

Thank you ladies so for you kind wishes, thoughts and prayers....they truly mean a lot. ♥

Acanthus and Acorn said...

Jessica,
The relationships with teachers at this age are so nuturing. I am so sorry to hear of this.

Victoria Musicco said...

Sending a blanket of healing love for Daniel's friends and family to wrap around them during there lonely time of grief.

Dumbwit Tellher said...

Oh Jessica, my heart goes out to Daniel's family, friends and all those who he touched. My son Matt lost a friend in Elementary school. It too was an accident and the loss of that precious young life; well let just say I will never forget. Breaks my heart.

I'm so sorry. Love to you, Deb

24 Corners said...

Again...thank you ladies, my words seem to have left me for the moment but I dearly appreciate all of *your* caring and comforting words. xoxo