Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkin Playery

For quite a few years now, we have hosted a very silly, very mischievous, and sometimes very annoying group of Pumpkins that have insisted it is our house they would like to hang out at on Halloween.

There's always a few new faces in the bunch which keeps things interesting, and sometimes... they even bring their kids with them, who I must say, are not that very well behaved!

This guy's always terribly grumpy and always seems to be in a sour mood (we call him grumpy pants)!

Could just be that trying to get those kids of his to hold still all day starts to wear on him a bit...

Then there's the one who's always trying to scare the stem off of the little ones by telling them scary stories...he's NOT very nice!

And the one that's always wondering why the heck they have to do this every-single-year...

but at least he has a little brother who's always sooo super excited to participate and gets into the fun wholeheartedly, his other little brother though...is usually quite a bit nervous about the whole thing.



And then there's this guy....we wanted to keep him!


But his family said "absolutely not"! The little toughy below was particularly angry about the idea as this was his BPF....he kind of scared me actually.

There were a few that did stay behind though...they have some kind of deal with the squirrels, crows and other critters in the area who get to snack on them whenever they want. See I believe...that's how the pumpkins get their seeds "planted" all about town so to speak, and that way... a whole new crop of relatives sprouts up, awaiting their turn to come over to our house.


Now, if you'd like these guys to come over to YOUR house this Halloween....they're in the book!


You never know who just might show up at your door.....


Happy Halloween everyone.... ; )

16 comments:

Catherine said...

Too cute! I've never seen pumpkins carved like that before. What a wonderful way to include the stem! I'm not sure if I have the energy to carve our pumpkins this year...HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!
xoxoTrina

Anonymous said...

I LOVE, LOVE them! I can't stop laughing.. Lolly is a funny word, isn't it? We Aussies have lots of strange words, believe me! Happy Halloween.. I'm going to show my girls your pumpkins..Rachaelxx

24 Corners said...

Trina and Rachael~ These are so easy because you "don't" have to clean them out! I use black beans (dried) for the eyes (which the squirrels always take) and that's it! Hope you give them a try sometime...and have fun tomorrow! xo

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

they're the funniest thing i've seen all day!! too cool!jx

Unknown said...

These are fabulous! The best pumpkins I have seen, such personality! XX!

dovecote decor said...

I'm terrible with knives and slippery pumpkins, so I'm happy to see your handiwork.
Best,
Liz

Ivy Lane said...

you would win hands down in a pumpkin carvin' contest! love these!!!!!

Happy Halloween!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fun, fun post! Those pumpkins are such characters, wonderful.

Thanks so much for visiting my vintage inspiration post.

Happy Halloween!Lidy

red ticking said...

darling! so glad the sun is out...happy halloween!
let me get my sea legs back and coffee soon!!! x pam

24 Corners said...

Pam...welcome home! Can't wait to hear about your trip. Love love love the sun...I was feeling very soggy yesterday! When your legs are nice and steady, you are on! I've been tanning at the booth all week long in preparation jsut so I can match your golden glow ;)! xox

Acanthus and Acorn said...

These are absoulutely fantastic!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Fabulous pumpkins!!

brock street said...

i love your pumpkins more than any others. the colors of everything in this post take me to that homing instinct and snuggies at night.

24 Corners said...

Acanthus and Pamela...thank you, I'm so glad you enjoyed them!

Brock...that is a compliment indeed. I'm so happy they brought such special feelings to you. Maybe next year they can visit you at the cabin/shack...wouldn't that be fun? xo

Tricia said...

LOVE this post and your funny little visitors. We didn't bother carving or decorating any pumpkins this year but thanks to you I have an idea or two for next year~ ha~! ;)
Hugs~
T

24 Corners said...

T~ I hope they do visit you next year...I'd love to see what their Texas cousins look like! ;)